1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

The annoying people arguing over whether the dishwasher can deal with baked on Alfredo sauce while holding a dish that has tomato sauce on it. Such a stupid think but it makes me crazy.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That's up there with those clean all the shit off your PC ads from some years back but everyone were using Macs.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Popeye's "squished fish patty on a bun" spot is grinding my gears, but it's mainly because of that guy's voice. Go away, please.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That's right up there with practically EVERY credit card commercial I've ever seen where they swipe the card. Think about where the magnetic strip is on your cards - it's at the TOP. So, when they show you someone swipe their card, it is upright so you can read the card brand on TV. But you have to turn the card upside down to swipe the stripe!!! ARGH!!!

If you've never noticed this - sorry, you know now - and it might drive you crazy when you see it on TV until the chip thingy completely wipes out the stripe.

5. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Oh, she's a 6. A mousy one, but a 6.

Speaking of mousy, still pining for the foxy fullback in that terribly un-PC Subway "costume season" ad of a year or so ago.

[​IMG]

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

There is also the ever so subtle State Farm blonde agent who disappears and returns covered in hay

[​IMG]

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Freqposter is a State Farm client?

Batman, dixiehack and Captain_Kirk like this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not quite what this thread is intended for, but I hope CBS will use Barkley's version of "One Shining Moment " after the Final Four.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I just saw a commercial for 5 Second Fix. It's a glue that doesn't activate until you flash an ultraviolet light over the fixed area. In one of the scenes, an asshole is gluing a rear view mirror back up. Only he's on the outside of the car with mirror in hand, while another set of hands is flashing that light thingy from the inside. Brilliant!

10. Quiet Man

Quiet Man Active Member

Ignoring the lame men vs. women drivers machismo thing, it's the logic behind what she presents as a tremendous rebuttal that I find irritating. If men are better drivers than women, then why did I get this safe driving check? Well, first let's have a lesson about extremely infinitesimal sample sizes. Then let's add to that what has just been presented to us in this very ad. You were given that check for going a whole six months without an accident! That's fantastic, honey.

BDC99 likes this.
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Except isn't the point of that spot to remind us the FF is on TBS this year?

Edit: The CG is on CBS on even-number years, TBS on odd. Hmmm....

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We can only hope this means TBS will end this syrupy tradition like no other, unless CBS is producing the broadcast.

Draft saved Draft deleted