1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl 50

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jan 26, 2016.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I give none of them leeway. I think Nick Saban is a twat. But if we aren't gonna blow up at every asshole, blow up at none of them. You can hear media members laughing during Saban's outbursts. That enables.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So what's this about Chris Harris trolling Cam during the postgame and that's why Newton left?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It doesn't sound like he was trolling. It sounds like they were being interviewed in adjacent booths and Cam could hear Harris' answers.

That's a common setup for the Super Bowl but a pretty bad one.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So, was Harris ripping Cam's play? That would be an interesting dynamic.

5. LongTimeListener

There's a video out there, I'm on my phone and can't track it down right now, but it was pretty simple. He said they were loading the box and daring Newton to beat them throwing.

Duh. I mean, all of us with our advanced football degrees and years of scouting experience could see that.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

An interesting point from Bill Barnwell:

97. Aqib Talib

While the Broncos cornerback deserves a Super Bowl ring for his excellent play during the season, he won't look back at his on-field performance from Sunday fondly, and that's without considering his postgame slip. Talib committed a pair of personal fouls during the first half, including a needless taunting call and a brutal face mask on Corey Brown inside the 5-yard line. Even more abhorrently, Talib admitted after the game that he committed the penalty on purpose, knowing that the flag would only cost his team a yard because of where the foul was committed. It's a window into the bizarre mindset of the NFL that there was more talk after the game about Newton's petulant news conference than there was about a player deliberately trying to injure a member of the opposition.

Barnwell: Ranking the reasons for a Super Bowl 50 upset

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

What does Belichick do when he wins?

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Twat.

That's another one of BYM's favorite terms.

Nothing like denigrating a guy by calling him a name that's vulgar term for vagina.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It's pretty damn clear Cam is reacting to Harris' taunting...Harris is specifically talking about Cam when Cam shakes his head, then gets up to leave. I don't recall hearing the Seahawks gloating during Peyton's aforementioned presser.

12. LongTimeListener

As I noted before, it's the setup ... I'd be a little surprised if Harris even knew Newton was there.

Draft saved Draft deleted