1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm coming up on the first musical spot, and my feeling is it's one of the better episodes of the past five years.

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Hit mute now!

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Really? I thought The 1975 was kind of edgy.

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Was that one of the Jonas Brothers?

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Agree with this. I liked the Bernie Sanders losing by five votes skit ... AND the clever way they worked the real Sanders into the next skit.

Jeno's Pizza Rolls/X-Files ad spoof was spot-on, complete with black-ooze eyeballs.

There were even a few funny bits in the weekend update segment. Thanks, Lester Holt.;)

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

More like Maroon 1975.

8. Lt.Drebin

Lt.Drebin Active Member

Is it just me, or did Kanye drop an F bomb about halfway through the first song tonight? I replayed it like 3 times. I'm 99 percent sure he did. He definitely said the n word multiple times. I'm in the central time zone; I'm guessing they would've edited that out for the west coast version.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

The Beyonce turned black skit was freaking outstanding.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Haven't watched the Melissa McCarthy show yet because when i got home I saw that the early rerun was the Tom Hanks one from 1988 -- one of the best shows in SNL history.

Among the skits in that one: Pumping up with Hans and Franz; Jew, Not a Jew; Bush-Dukakis Debate; Mr. Short-Term Memory; Outtakes from the movie Big; Ten-year Reunion (Hanks and Lovitz as two losers).

Far as I can tell, they eliminated Weekend Update, Mr. Short-Term Memory and the second song by Keith Richards.

I also think this was the first appearance of the First Citywide Change Bank commercials.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Race relations was a theme throughout the show. After the Beyonce Turned Black skit (which I thought was great), I thought the show went overboard with it.

12. Wonder if Kanye will get the ban hammer from SNL?

http://pagesix.com/2016/02/15/kanye...e-at-snl/?_ga=1.40998241.279366782.1455548189

Oh yeah, he's batshit crazy.

Draft saved Draft deleted