1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Didn't Rob Gronkowski sexually assault this host?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

She asked him for a Magic Mike impression. Have you seen the movie? Do you know what goes into a lapdance given by a male stripper?
    If the answer is no to either of these questions, STFU. I've seen both Magic Mikes - the first was a solid movie; the second was made for chicks - and while I haven't had a dude give me a lapdance, my wife has had several and what Gronk did was far from crossing the line.
    The woman asked. Gronk was hesitant, to say the least. Perhaps he had an angel and devil Belichick over his shoulders, telling him what to do. Maybe Gronk's brain just doesn't register stuff that quickly (I'd bet on that). They nudged again and he did it. There's no crime here.
    And everyone get off their fucking high horse about her being a journalist. This show isn't even a sports show; it's entertainment. The fucking name of it had the word "party" in it. Let's not treat her like she's Walter Cronkite and maybe get more worked up over the embarrassment that is Robin Roberts' journalist integrity.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Donnie beat me to it. But lord, what the hell is the matter with you Dick? I don't believe this for a second. Any poster who has PM'd DW to express an admiration for his courage in this pressing matter, please raise your hand. We won't hold it against you.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I disagree. She asked for a lap dance and gave him money. He gave her a brief lap dance. Contract. Offer. Acceptance. Consideration.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Not by me, it wasn't. I don't think the tongue had anything to do with it, instead consent came from her expressly asking a notoriously impulsive meathead to do to her what he did as a male stripper. If you do that, I think there is a fair expectation that some crude pelvic thrusting and touching may be involved.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty safe to say that we can all agree I got us to put on our thinking caps here.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, we really can't. The incident was worthy of attention, but not for the reason you stated. You have done nothing but troll the board yet again. And regarding those PMs, please just.

[​IMG]

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Says who?

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

It's official. Dick Whitman has jumped the shark.

old_tony likes this.
  9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

How about not responding to every single news item he vomits up?

SnarkShark likes this.
  10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Dick and Roosh V have a lot in common.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Another clown show, bro. #courage

12. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

At least JDV kept us entertained with tales of Raiderettes.

That being said the prolificness of DW posts do offer some fodder for conversation which as a poor writer and poorer poster I appreciate.

Usually heel turns are a bit more entertaining but not so much with this.

Draft saved Draft deleted