1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl 50

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jan 26, 2016.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I think informed consent and a fully funded lifetime health plan would remove issue after a short time.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Trying to talk myself into Carolina -5.5 for a few days.

Can't do it. I am passing.

All I have is Panthers money line -220. Too much risk of a back door cover late by Denver.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

What is required to have full disclosure at this point? Is there anyone in the game now or coming in that's not aware?

BDC99 likes this.
  4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Taking Denver +6.

Something just feels right about that.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Must be Part of the contract that you acknowledge and understand that CTE is a possible/probable consequence. In exchange for suing the NFL in the will enroll you in a lifetime health insurance plan for head trauma/CTE. (you can have a graduated policy, the longer you play, the more you personally contribute the more inclusive it is. Players while they have the money should be able to buy a health care annuity for themselves, wives and children.)

I would think there must be an expert /medical disclosure by the league as to the effects of head trauma, concussions, CTE and dementia. Everyone (99.899%) will sign it. Its a separate agreement from your player contract. Its an agreement and waiver for entry into the labor force.

Goodall is a beard for the NFL. He will do and say anything to maintain his 20 million a year. He long ago sold his independent thought and discretion. In interviews the media should always qualify their questions to him. Never ask what he thinks, ask what the owners think. Goodell is a spokesman, not a principal.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Object is too strong of a word. I just don't take his point of view seriously on the matter.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The Super Bowl underdog has won outright 4 years in a row, so it's not an outlandish pick.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Taking the middler's way out.

Adding Denver +6 at -110 to nearly balance out the Carolina ML pick.

The Broncos have just won too many odd games this year that they have no business winning.

For me, I'll lose a smidge if Denver wins, I'll win a little more than a smidge if Carolina wins by 7 or more and I'll win tons if its Carolina by 1-6.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Nope.

A former co-worker thought it would be fun to play it on a newscast several years ago. It ended up costing the station thousands of dollars.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Completely disagree. They acknowledged it, but the Shuffle was just a gimmick. The team, it's makeup and how it all went down is far more important/interesting. I thought the doc was tremendous and made me like Singletary and Ryan more than I already did. And I'm surely no Bears fan.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted