1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It is not going to end well for Johnny Manziel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 4, 2016.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I bet your hometown has produced a few alcoholics. My point is that his father can't act shocked at his son's behavior and lament the fact that he won't go to rehab when he had a hand in creating this situation. It would be nice to hear from him that he made a mistake in trying to be his son's wing man instead of his father.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

His Father has tried and can obviously not get through to him, he is pleading for the people he hangs out with for help.

I can't imagine the guilt that his Father must feel.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The ex-girlfriend has changed her mind and will press charges.

See ya in 2017, Johnny Boy.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I would agree, with something of a disclaimer. There comes a point when you have tried everything you can think of when dealing with an alcoholic or addict and you realize that you are powerless over their disease. You can send, or try to send them to rehab. You can encourage or badger them. You can throw them out of the house and refuse to support or enable them any longer. All the way through it you are hoping that they hit bottom hard enough to face their problem and begin to make the changes in themselves that will lead to their recovery. Sometimes they will listen to a friend or acquaintance better than they will their family.

It depends on what the history between them is and what the family has done to try to get him straightened out.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Twirling Time likes this.
  7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'd prefer a comparison to Milli Vanilli.

And has this thread gotten to prison rape jokes yet?

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Von Miller allegedly hit his girlfriend so hard he ruptured her eardrum? That's a hell of a Super Bowl confession!

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted