1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

You just need a different Superman ... (the pit stains are a particularly nice touch).

MisterCreosote likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Meh. Even with the sainted Reeve, the last two Superman movies were critical (Superman III) and commercial (Superman IV) bombs.

From most reports the upcoming movie will include another rehash of the "Death of Superman" jackoff exercise with the ever-pointless Dumbsday and also be based on Frank Miller's Superman hate-fests designed to make Batman look badass and awesome and Superman like a complete stooge.

WB has essentially been trying to kill off Superman for 30 years, might as well haul off and do it for real.

I haven't read one of the comics in 10+ years but apparently they are going way out of their way to tear down the complete 75-year canon in the most contemptuous way possible.

Shockingly enough sales for all their books have tanked. Why NOT kill off Superman?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I think I'd pay to see that before I'd pay to see the one coming out in March.

HC likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Jessica Jones was renewed for a second season on Netflix. :)

5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Just got back from a screening. No need to worry. It's awesome. I give it four out of four chimichangas.

spikechiquet likes this.
  6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Excellent. Can't wait.

7. outofplace

On the plus side, Mrs. OOP seems interested. On the negative side, little OOP keeps bugging me about it and I just can't see taking my 12-year-old to see Deadpool.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I know they've done some screenings for fans and audiences predisposed to like it.
    But have they screened it for critics? It's usually a bad sign when they don't screen a movie for critics.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

10. outofplace

Given the type of humor I expect from Deadpool, I doubt it will do well with critics.

11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Yeah. I doubt critics will love it, but I really don't care. It is going to be awesome and there will be a sequel ( I hope). Patton Oswalt on twitter when asked if one should bring their 12-year-old to the movie, he replied and I quote, 'No. Oh my fucking God no. NO. Nononononononono'
    He's a fan.

12. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

They always have critics at these screenings. Ours was there and laughed the entire time. All the critics I spoke with afterward loved it.

Draft saved Draft deleted