1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYPD Blue

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Sep 19, 2014.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

For those who get the H&I channel (available as an OTA digital channel some places and on UVerse) they run two episodes each night of NYPD Blue and they're starting from the pilot tonight.

They do take out some of the swearing, but other than that, it's fine.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I've been watching a lot of the Hill Street Blues episodes -- they play two per night just before the two NYPD Blue episodes. And, even better, Barney Miller is on Antenna TV.

Dyno likes this.
  3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I am hooked on those Hill Street Blues reruns. I found them back in November, I think, when they were already into season five. They started over from the beginning and are back to those season five episodes I started out with. What a great show.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Just a note on 'Blue' alumni: Caught the season premiere of "Agent Carter," and it's looking like Currie Graham will be playing a significant role as the owner of an energy company who's mistress/employee was just found dead.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

For some reason this has already stuck in my memory. When the series ended I read a piece in the local newspaper. It was a glowing retrospective and praised the show for all the typical reasons, but was particularly effusive about the Sipowicz/Simone relationship. After all that praise, the piece basically concluded by stating that everything after Simone died sucked. The change in tone was so jarring. "The show was one of the best of all time. Half of it sucked balls, though."

In the past when I have had the opportunity to watch the show on a regular basis it has always been the post Simone stuff. It was nice to see the beginning on that new channel.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

BTW, it was only a few weeks ago while watching Hill Street that I realized the leader of the Shamrocks gang was David Caruso.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

That's funny because when NYPD Blue premiered, I thought, "It's the leader of the Shamrocks!" (Of course, I am old.)

Draft saved Draft deleted