1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Dee-Ay-Go, make that Los An-Gel-Es, Super Chargers?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 7, 2010.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Same as the public effort in 2015.

Little to none.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Coliseum had just had a massive renovation in 1984 and Anaheim Stadium was revamped almost yearly to Georgia Frontiere's demands. There was no lack of an adequate NFL-quality stadium in the area.

3. dieditor

dieditor Member

Adequate is apparently in the eye of the beholder. St. Louis has an adequate (if not great) stadium now.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

St. Louis' stadium is terrible.

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I guess I need to get out more often but last night was the first time I had ever seen or heard Davis. Let me put it this way, he didn't come across to me as the sharpest tool in the shed.

6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

If you compare it to Ralph Wilson, o.co, or Qualcomm, then sure.

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Agreed. I wasn't overly impressed with it when they opened the place.

8. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

Maybe but St. Louis fans just got raped and robbed. Oakland's facility is shittier, the franchise in spite of its brand name is a money loser at least on potential earnings. But hey, Goodell the Hitler lives on.

9. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You beat me to this. I covered a game there the first season it opened and couldn't believe how crappy it was.

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

What will the NFL do without St. Louis? Politicians will beg for a team when the next relocation threat emerges.

12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I'm with you on the St. Louis fans, but the city fathers were suckered by the Rams in 94-95 with stipulations in the lease. Kinda reminds me of the Silna brothers pulling their fast one on the Nets, Nuggets, Pacers and Spurs.

Draft saved Draft deleted