1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Dee-Ay-Go, make that Los An-Gel-Es, Super Chargers?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 7, 2010.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Bernie Miklasz stepped in with a really good column. He's definitely writing it with emotion as a St. Louis fan (or at least on behalf of fans), but with a lot of good research and insider anecdotes.

— The Chicken Littles were right about Kroenke moving to Los Angeles. I made fun of them at first — something I’ve subsequently admitted many times. I simply underestimated Kroenke’s greed, especially after he expressed pride in his Missouri roots and honorable reputation while telling me in 2010 that he’dnever lead the charge out of St. Louis to Los Angeles. I took the man at his word … at least until it became obvious to me (belatedly) that he wasn’t telling the truth. Either way, my bad.

And:

— Never trust Goodell. About anything. Ever. (Stating the obvious here, eh?)

The NFL Is Guilty Of a Personal Foul, But a Proud St. Louis Will Rally - 101Sports.com

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I could see a combo deal featuring both USC and UCLA. How happy is UCLA at the Rose Bowl? Inglewood makes much more sense geographically.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm sure UCLA will give it a look-see when its Rose Bowl lease ends in 2042.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I for one can't wait to watch the San Antonio Raiders.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Not sure how often you've been there lately, but Ontario/Diamond Bar/Norco/Corona/Temecula/Murrietta are fast-growing and are full of Charger fans.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Miklasz makes a great point here:

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Why is that hypocrisy? League probably would have given the Rams $100 million if they had lost the L.A. vote. It was the consolation prize.

8. dieditor

dieditor Member

I can't believe how quickly and blatantly everyone switched into gloat-mode about how they fucked St. Louis here. Goodell was laughing when STL media asked questions of Kroenke last night. What a joke of a league.

9. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I think the joke i$ on anyone who think$ the NFL i$ a joke.

JC likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, STL fucked over SoCal to get the Rams in the first place in 1995, so nobody has any sympathy.

11. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

They're terrorists, all of them. Thirty-two Jihadi Johns, minus the ski mask.

12. dieditor

dieditor Member

Where was the big public effort in LA to build a stadium in 1995?

Draft saved Draft deleted