1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Powerball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Households, in fact.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Dude, just buy it. No one will know if you lose and if you win, you'll have enough money to tell the agency to go fuck themselves. It's completely unenforceable.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'm curious how many more people play lotto on Saturday than on Wednesday......

4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

If I won the lottery...

Pay off all of our outstanding debts. Buy 5 acres on land on a water front somewhere and build our dream house. Buy new cars for me and my wife (nice vehicles, but nothing too outrageous). Pay off the mortgages for our kids' homes. Pay off our daughter's student loan. Give a million each to a few select charities and a million to a homeless shelter. Quit my job. Take road trips all over North America. Travel to a few select places in Europe (Ireland, Switzerland, Norway, maybe France and Germany). Create trust funds for our grandchildren's college education. Invest the rest in a conservative growth fund and live off the interest.

murphyc likes this.
  5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Everyone wins $4.33!

Sounds like the USSR lottery ...

murphyc likes this.
  7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

A loaf of bread for everyone. It's fine underneath -- just scrape off that mold.

8. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I want to say that the reason that went so viral is people making fun of it being wrong, not people thinking it's right.

But maybe I am giving people too much credit.

murphyc and Smallpotatoes like this.
  9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I wonder how many people who don't usually play the lottery become regular players of other games such as daily numbers and instant tickets after a big jackpot like this.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

franticscribe likes this.
  11. doctorx

doctorx Member

The real winners, of course, are going to be the kids and education.

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Do you think anyone here needed you to explain that? Good lord.

Draft saved Draft deleted