1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Secret Santa 2015

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Nov 20, 2015.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Finally mailed mine out Saturday (or Sunday). It should reach one state away in plenty of time for ChristmaHanaKwanzoliday.

spikechiquet likes this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Ho ho ho! I'm getting USPS alerts that I am getting a package delivered tomorrow from Little Rock! I have a sneaking suspicion that this is from Secret Santa. Ho ho ho!

spikechiquet likes this.
  3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Not sure what day it arrived, but I got to the PO today for the first time in several days.

Great gift box - Baylor wool cap, Austin Opera beer koozie, Dr Pepper Jelly Bellies, the Baylor Lariat's footbal season review and a book about a crazy sounding paddle race.
    Oh, and what appears to be a pin from the 1984 Rose Parade. I'm not a collector, but that is super cool.

Thank you, Santa, you are much more considerate than I was to whomever I sent my gift.

spikechiquet likes this.
  4. I've been busy trying to meet early holiday deadlines all week and haven't had a chance to post here. I was pleasantly surprised to come home Monday to a package from SS containing an autographed book. As I was opening what I could tell was a book, I was thinking maybe something by Robert Crais or Don Winslow. But this gift was better. I smiled when I realized the book was signed! I can't wait to dig into the book in the near future. Thanks SS - Merry Christmas to everyone!

spikechiquet likes this.
  5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I took Ella out this morning and found the FedEx man at my building when we returned. He had a package for someone named SJ Santa in 3B from Dayton, Ohio. Yep, that's me. I put it under the tree so I'd have something to open tomorrow. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

spikechiquet likes this.
  6. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Hope you like it all!

spikechiquet likes this.
  7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Thanks all for being a part of this...I'm just hitting the hay after playing Santa myself for my 3-year-old. It's the first time he "gets it" and it's been fun.
    I'll double check tomorrow when I get to work on who's presents are missing since I have been a "Bad Santa" in keeping tabs. Hope you all have a great Friday...or as some call it: Christmas.

Vombatus likes this.
  8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Got my SS GIFT yesterday!

I took my time opening it. I got out my stethoscope to listen for any ticking sounds. None. Whew! No clock from Ahmed this year! Thank God, or Allah Akbar or however that goes. I don't speak turban.

Then I got a knife, to open the box carefully and to defend myself should it contain a rabid gerbil.

After slitting the box open (like Allah Akbar), there was some nice, festive tissue paper.

Would it be a blow up doll? Would it be a magical return of the prosthetic boob? Or maybe a PAIR of prosthetic boobs, that you can motorboat? Oh, the anticipation!

I carefully removed the tissue paper (still no ticking sounds), and behold! A skiing squirrel! With all the skiing accoutrements - hat, scarf, skis and ski poles. I checked it out - no orifices. So, I don't think this was made in Wisconsin, Ohio or Florida.

We've placed this very fine decoration on the mantle, next to the nativity scene. My cat has taken some interest in the squirrel, because she watches them all the time in the backyard, but we don't let our cats out, so time will tell if she attacks our new indoor pet squirrel, or humps it.

Thank you, Secret Santa from Little Rock! We love this squirrel, and it stays the fuck out of our bird feeder! Merry Christmas!

VB

spikechiquet likes this.
  9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Blown away by my great gift. In addition to a selection of cookies and candies, there was a Groupon in the box for dinner for two at a nearby restaurant. Someone has been paying attention to my posts about what I like and don't like because this joint seems to suit me to a T. Thanks for helping make my morning grand.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Looks like all packages were sent out. Thanks to all of you for that. A few have yet to chime in on what they got...but that's up to them to make it public or not. So hope you all had a great Christmas Ho Ho Day.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Maybe mine was stolen off my porch because I still haven't seen it.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I sent mine out Dec. 19. If someone out there gets a shirt from a very tiny California brewery, please let me know.

Draft saved Draft deleted