1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Carson: Bungling Surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Except in politics, right? Because the ability to be elected for high office shows that you likely have a deep understanding of an astoundingly wide range of disciplines.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

My recommendation would be that you stop mentioning the "former pro football player" thing in your every post about Hubbell, for a couple reasons:

1. It is simply NOT true. Your posts made me google his football career out of curiosity. Appears he was a late draft pick of the Bears, but never made a roster, never appeared in a pro game, and thus was NEVER actually a pro football player. "Almost" a pro football player would be fair and accurate, but almost does not mean former.

2. It kinda makes you look like a lame jock sniffer. What exactly is the point of repeatedly emphasizing Hubbell's former football playing baddassery? Has no relevance to the discussion at all. YF's posts don't become more wrong if Hubbell was once a jock 45 years ago, instead they remain exactly the same regardless, so why keep mentioning the football thing in every post?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

No one ever said Kasparov was an expert BECAUSE he's a brilliant chess player.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I thought there was video of thousands of Arkansans cheering him in Texarkana ...

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Is it really Arkansans and not Arkansasans?

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It really is easy. Just ask Russians what they think of him, instead of the Americans to whom his shtick is directed. He not only falls prey to Godwin's Law repeatedly but compounds it with the Hitler/Stalin double whammy.

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

It's really cool we have our fingers on the collective Russian pulse because someone here married a Russian.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, he did play in the SWC in the late 60s ... just sayin'.

dixiehack likes this.
  9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Yes.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I wonder if that phenomenon has come up on this thread before.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well it's about goddamn time this thread circled back to its original topic. Who knew it would take Kasparov/Fischer references to finally bring us back to Carson.

doctorquant likes this.
  12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Yeah I googled him as well and I really thought he played for a couple, three years before an injury ended it.

Whether he played a down or not in the NFL, he's still an imposingly large man in person.

And, regardless, down or not, it doesn't change that YF has been a bigoted dick with the non-stop trolling and general ass hattery.

It gets tiresome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.