1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

So glad the moderator shut down my "Religion of Peace" thread.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Funny thing, at a family Christmas get together, one of her cousin's has a husband in the Army. He's actually up for full bird and his job is to develop the training for future threats the Army may have to fight. His more specific job is to look not at tomorrow but 10 years in the future and he had some interesting thoughts on ISIS.

"Whenever I hear people say ISIS is a threat I say fuck you. ISIS is a bunch of raghead thugs in a tiny sliver of land that nobody wants. Their strain of religion is repugnant to other Muslims and if they stray into their territory, ISIS will get wiped out. They aren't a threat. ... Terrorism is always a threat, but anyone can get a gun and shoot up a Wal-Mart. It doesn't need to be someone from ISIS to do that but that's not the kind of war the Army is built to fight."

He wouldn't or couldn't say who the Army was most worried about in a decade but he did seem to imply that it wasn't one country but more the American military would be involved in settling disputes between an allied nation and former or current communist countries.

Pure speculation on my part but I think he meant the Korean peninsula. It was interesting.

He also said B-52s would still be flying and that children being born now, would be their pilots 40 years from now.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So, he thinks ISIS is JV?

No one will be flying B-52s in 40 years...they might be flying themselves, but they won't have air crews. Few planes will.

The Army is worried about China, as is all the military.

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Jay, it's not a closely guarded secret what the military is preparing for. Anyway, I always take one data point and generalize as much as possible when trying to answer a question.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

The aliens from the War of '96 coming back?

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It means they get police called on them when every white person in the mall gets to film and take pictures of whatever they want.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

They looked white to me.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm voting for Kodos.

Draft saved Draft deleted