1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Secret Santa 2015

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Nov 20, 2015.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

OK, all the address have been sent out. A total of 8 people signed up. Looking forward to the fun posts and reactions to the gifts! :)

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Eight, eh? I like those odds.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Ok. My SS shipment is going out today to an undisclosed government location deep in the heart of Texas. Should be there in a couple of days. Merry Christmas!

Now the fun part. Someone out there has to worry what VB sent for a few days...

spikechiquet and SpeedTchr like this.
  4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

....AAAAAAaaaand we're off!

Vombatus likes this.
  5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Bought. Wrapped. Packed up. Post office in the morning. I think I recognize my address from sending CDs in past years but I'm not sure.

spikechiquet likes this.
  6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm picking up my gift tomorrow after work, so I likely can't get it into the mail until Saturday or Monday.

spikechiquet likes this.
  7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I mailed mine yesterday. I messaged the USPS tracking number to Secret Santa administrator.

Looking forward to seeing what this way comes.

spikechiquet likes this.
  8. I mailed mine about two weeks or so ago - should have arrived in MO early this month.

spikechiquet likes this.
  9. Moderator1

10. Moderator1

STATUS UPDATE: Sent!

I dreaded going to the post office this morning. But there was no one there. Walked up to the window, mailed three packages, out. Less than five minutes

11. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

A Seabees t-shirt, package of yummy Berger's cookies and various other goodies made for a good Friday trip to the mailbox at an undisclosed government location deep in the heart of Texas. Thanks, VB!

spikechiquet and Vombatus like this.
  12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Flip,

I hope the size is OK. Went with XL. If you need another size, let me know and I can fix that.

I love the Seabees mottos: "Can Do" and "We Build, We Fight". The Navy Construction Battalions, CB, thus "Seabees", were created in 1942 and built lots of facilities, airfields, etc., often under fire. They are mostly noted for what they did in the Pacific island-hopping campaign. They were also involved in all theaters, including D-Day at Normandy.

In recent years, they did a LOT of great work on infrastructure in Iraq and Afghanistan, but you never hear about that kind of positive news.

Anyway, that's a bit of background on the shirt. If you need another size, let me know ASAP and I can fix that.

Happy holidays, Flip! And Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

VB

Flip Wilson likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted