1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The new "Star Wars" trailer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think so, too. Of course, I was 6 years old when it came out, the precise target audience for them. It didn't occur to me until years later that they were anything but a positive in the film.

My problem with the Ewoks is probably a little different than some others': I just don't think there were enough of them, if that makes sense. I can buy the idea that a civilization familiar with the landscape can overcome other deficiencies and vanquish the enemy. But there weren't more than a few dozen ewoks. The Endor battle should have been massive. It should have been Gettysburg. Thousands of Ewoks. Casualties evident.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Four score and seven bears ago ...

SFIND likes this.
  3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Let's hope there will be tens of thousands of Ewok corpses in the new movie.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Don't forget, the original version of "Jedi" had the Ewok celebration song at the end. It made you want to puncture your eardrums as you left the theater.

Ace likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

I like how in the closing shot all the white people are sitting there smiling while Lando is getting down.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    :D

spikechiquet likes this.
  7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

But then how do we define a "moderate" Jedi?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's it. Nobody with a lightsaber is allowed in this country!

bigpern23 likes this.
  9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

There are none. They all follow the Book of Yoda and wear sandals. And you never hear them denounce an attack by rebels.

10. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I had to look that up. I'm younger and never saw Star Wars until the special editions released in theater's in the 90's. My God is that song terrible. Sounds like something written for a low-budget documentary on chimpanzees. Let's give Lucas credit that he did at least one thing right in the special editions by replacing the music for that scene.

I Should Coco likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

208 "fresh."

13 "rotten."

95 percent.

12. dieditor

dieditor Member

It's all depending on which generation you're part of. Jedi was the first movie I remember seeing in the theaters. I loved that song. I think it sucks that the ending of Jedi is so different than it was in '83, and that song is part of it. Yub yub!

bigpern23 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted