1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Carson: Bungling Surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He's one of those guys who keeps his pee-pee busy. Any orifice in a storm. Don't let your pet potbelly pig bend over in front of him.

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Don't you think their fulfilling family lives and careers would make the thread a bit dull?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I have to hand it to Starman, though -- the character he has created for Trump is way more entertaining than the character Trump has created for Trump.

dixiehack, Ace, doctorquant and 2 others like this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And the room smells like cat food. And sadness.

old_tony and SpeedTchr like this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It surprised me Trump went on the Jones show. Hell, his audience probably is so far off the grid they wouldn't even think of being registered to vote.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Well, some of the "evidence" Trump cited about his cheering Muslims claim came from Infowars, which tells you everything you need to know about whether or not it's true.

9. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Smallpotatoes' schtick was much funnier when he all he would post was about his stupid financial decisions.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump: Thousands of Muslim-Americans celebrated 9/11.

Washington Post Fact checker, and the rest of the mainstream media: After an exhaustive search, no evidence of any Muslim-Americans celebrating 9/11 could be found.

(Minutes later) PowerLine Blog: Here's a contemporaneous news report from the Washington Post that mentions Muslims-Americans in New Jersey celebrating

General Public: Here's some more examples, including a NYPost report, and a WCBS-TV report

Reporters who filed those stories, but never corrected or retracted them:
    Yeah, those stories we reported turned out to be false.

Giuiani: We did have reports of small celebrations in Brooklyn and Queens

Trump: See. I told you there were news reports of people celebrating at the time.

Fact Checkers: (Not acknowledging they were wrong in saying that there were no celebrations anywhere) Your pants are still on fire -- you said thousands had celebrated!

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It still seems like an instant urban legend to me. Everyone talks about "reports" of it. No witnesses. No sources.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, the WaPo story clearly said that people had been detained.

Now, 14 years later, the reporter(s) is/are walking back the story, but it's unclear to me what's being walked back. Was no one detained, or did it turn out that they were detained, but were not celebrating?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.