1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

YES! YES! YES! YES!

Although, I was surprised to see him take that spinning side slam. He swore off taking chokeslam bumps in a FB post because he said it just hurt too much/he was gettign too old. But I guess money talks. Loved seeing him back. I do think we'll get a fourth Old ECW guy, and it might be RVD. Could be Spike.

What about RAVEN?!!!!? (highly doubtful).

I also think that match at TLC should be a table elimination match. If you go through a table, you're out and the match continues 4 on 3 etc. etc.

2. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sandman would be fun.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

If WWE won't employ Kurt Angle anymore, you'd think there would be no effing way they go near Sandman or Sabu.

5. Baron Scicluna

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

So, I noticed during that match that JBL called Dreamer the only guy to win both the original ECW title and the WWECW title.

Did JBL misspeak? Are they being treated as separate lineages again? One can only hope, but I'm not holding my breath because that would require Vince to acknowledge he wasn't actually an ECW champion.

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Re Bryan, it's probably legality with Bryan being on a full-time contract and Dreamer being on some per diem or one-off deal.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Unless he just meant that he was the only one to hold the title when it was an independent company and when it was owned by WWE. Kinda like, in a way, how Cleveland Browns history is treated. There's the original version, then after it goes away for a few years, it comes back, keeps its history, but is a different entity.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Van Dam never won the original ECW title? I know he was TV champ for a long time, but figured he had a run as the main champ somewhere along the line.

10. Baron Scicluna

Nope, he had held the TV title for nearly two years, until he got legitimately hurt. Before that, he had mostly worked with Sabu, both as an opponent, and as a tag partner.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Just checked wwe.com, and they still have the combined lineage. From Shane Douglas throwing the NWA title down all the way through ... your last ECW champion ever, Ezekiel Jackson. :rolleyes:

12. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, you really think of extreme when you think of Big Zeke.

The E doesn't recognize the early ECW years, when they were Eastern Championship Wrestling, when they really should, since it was essentially the same organization, just under a different name. They were more traditional from 1991 until midway through 1993, with champions like Tito Santana, Don Muraco, Superfly Snuka, along with the immortal Johnny HotBody and The Sandman, who was a surfer instead of a smoker and drinker at that time. But Douglas, Sabu and Funk all held the belt before Douglas infamously threw down the NWA title.

Draft saved Draft deleted