1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football 2015

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jul 16, 2015.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm probably looking at 2-1 this week. One team has already won big. The others are in tight games. One team is 5 1/2 (or thereabouts) points behind but I have Barnidge playing tonight. The other, which I thought was going to win until Demaryius Thomas and Blount killed me last night, is ahead by four, but I'm done and my opponent has Barnidge playing tonight.

So winning both is an impossibility. What scares me is there's that little sliver of margin -- if Barnidge scores more than four but less than 5 1/2 -- where I could lose both of them.

I'm hoping he goes off (or at least beats 5 1/2) because that's the team I think is really good but is fighting just to make the playoffs (BTW, my opponent and I have the league's two highest scores this week). If the other team loses it will still be in playoff position, though I'll start getting nervous because it will only be one game ahead of fifth place with two to play.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I've scored the second-most points in my league this week, and may still lose, pending what one player does for my opponent in tonight's game.

Correction:I have the most points this week, but pending the one guy my opponent has tonight, I would lose despite having the second-most points of the week.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I put up 144 points with Wilson on the bench and still have Barnidge to play. Next best team has put up 110 points. Hopefully my good fortunes carry into the playoffs.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Nice.

I'm hoping that I'm getting a slump out of the way and that I'll sneak into the playoffs in one league and get healthy for the first round in the other. My teams are good enough to beat anyone in a given week, just hoping I get the chance to play at full strength in the playoffs.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And now I get to start sweating. Barnidge has 47 yards -- 4.7 points, right in that twilight zone where I'd lose both games.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

And I'm now trailing by 5 because of him. No offense, but I hope he doesn't score another point! ;)

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And there it is! Over the top!

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I can't imagine having more than one team any more than I can imagine multiple NCAA brackets. The divided loyalties would suck the fun out of it for me.

9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

That Benjamin TD was the first time I've jumped off my couch out of excitement all season.
    I was down 5 before that play. Now up 6. Love fantasy football, unless this goes OT and Buck Allen scores.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I now have 1,409 points for the season.

The next-closest team has 1,251 points.

I am 6-6 right now, in seventh place. Top six make the playoffs.

Un-fucking-believable.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

To paraphrase Ron Washington: That's the way fantasy football go.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I started fantasy last year, after holding out for years. Its much more fun than I thought it would be, but i wouldn't want two teams.

I tied last night. 148-148. Good enough for me, it clinched the #1 seed.

Draft saved Draft deleted