1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 College Football Coaching Carousel Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Virginia would be a perfect fit for Richt.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

There seems to be more and more talk that could happen. I agree it would be a great fit.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I hope he does. Didn't realize Wyoming was as bare when the previous coach left as it was.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Didn't Whittingham and Utah almost break up in a snit last offseason? And it isn't just about what you pay a head coach but what you're willing to spend on assistants and facilities too. (Although it is a dirty little secret that UGa is cheap in the latter area. They finally are breaking ground on an indoor practice facility next month - a decade and a half after they became commonplace in the SEC.)

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Tough place to build a team, too. They have 10 in-state players on their roster this year, which as I understand it is actually up significantly from years past. I know Wyoming doesn't have much in the way of population, but it's still a big damn place. Hard to put together a solid recruiting class when you're trying to pull nearly every player from another state.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They had a snit, and it was subsequently quashed with Whittingham's name came up at Nebraska and he lost some assistants to Oregon State. (More money for coaches and himself)

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He should get the hell out of there now unless he's ready to shepherd the deal for a long time. It's topped out. Utah could drop to last in the Pac-12 South next season.

I still think UCLA might slide open if the right NFL team knocks on Mora's door. There aren't a lot of West Coast jobs.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Agreed about Mora. He's getting a football center built, he leaves the program in a better place. He's starting to hear grumbling. He's got four years $14 mil left on his current deal.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Herman agreed in principle to stay in Houston, but has emphasized that nothing is finalized yet.

I would be very very nervous if I was in Houston and saw a big jet with a big G on the side.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted