1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 12 NFL thread: Good Thanksgiving action!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Nov 25, 2015.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Kellen Winslow Sr. suffered same injury- low shot to the knees by a safety.
    Gronkowski is too strong to tackle at chest level so this was a predictable outcome.
    The team disgusts me but I don't like to see a possible career-altering injury to a transcendental player.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It wasn't the first time they went after his knees in that game last night.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It won't be the last time, either. You're a 6-0, 205 pound DB. Where the hell else can you try and bring him down? Even Brady said that's just the way the game is played because hitting high brings penalties and fines.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

Good gangtackling.
    Among the many lost arts in the game today.
    There hasn't been a real gangtackling team in the NFL since Buddy Ryan's Eagles.

5. Michael_ Gee

The four and five wide sets have killed gangtackling. Potential gang members are too far away from each other on pass plays.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly. The game is far more spread out than it used to be.

Everything I've read indicates Gronkowski might not even miss a game. Sounds like a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing.

7. Michael_ Gee

It's a severe knee bruise. Whether or not he misses a game depends on how quickly the fluid from the injury goes away and he can regain freedom of movement. I'd think they'd err on the side of caution given that they're 10-1 and are playing the Eagles on Sunday.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Yeah, its only an issue if there are actual ligament tears. Otherwise, its open season on his knees.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

Yes, it's nothing, from a franchise that has manipulated the injury reports for 15 years (Probable: Brady (shoulder) and where congenital lying is part of the habitat.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

[/crossthread]

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted