1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015-16 College Hoops Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jake_Taylor, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I knew Van Vleet was good. I didn't know he was so good WuShock would be terrible without him.

Side note, I want to be on the Monmouth bandwagon, but the benchwarmers need to tone it down a little.

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

This might be /crossthread and crossboard, but I am seriously considering driving 5 or so hours up to Iowa City for Wednesday's ACC/Big Ten challenge game between Iowa and my alma mater. I need someone to talk me out of it, or instead provide the must-visit, uniquely UI campus and surrounding environs sights and/or eats. I hope to arrive mid afternoon and kill time around campus and town before sunset and leading up to the 8:15 p.m. tip.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Really? You're going to Iowa voluntarily?

4. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Made it to Iowa City. Bought my spot in Carver Hawkeye. Ready to make this thread like an NFL one during a Steelers game. The difference? Looks like everyone already abandoned this one.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

So to make up for it, you're posting everything twice!

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

LSU, which has lost three straight and most recently got tossed by College of Charleston, trails North Florida 56-48 at half. Woof.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Johnny Jones might be the ultimate when it comes to disparity in recruiting ability and coaching ability.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

So, other than Brad Stevens, who is auditioning for the Indiana job this season?

9. dixiehack

They did come back and win, behind 43 from Simmons. Still shaky.

10. dixiehack

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

UVA is playing its first bad game at both ends in the better part of three years. WVU is up 10 in the first half, and it feels like 30.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Minnesota down 23 in first half to South Dakota State.

At least no Minneapolis madams are going to write tell-all books about this team.

Draft saved Draft deleted