1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football 2015

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Bummer.
    I think we'll start to see more fantasy leagues put more emphasis on points sooner than later. All of these Draft Kings fantasy players who never really played fantasy football before think it's a crying shame there are h2h matches and not just standings base off of points.

I may award a regular season champ based off of points with some money and then playoffs will be h2h next year.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

At 12:57 I had Hoyer in my lineup.
    At 12:58 it was Brady.
    I switched because I felt I'd feel better if Hoyer went off and Brady didn't than if Brady went off and Hoyer didn't. I'm down 73-44 (we're a low-scoring, non-ppr league) with Brady, LaFell and Benjamin left. He's got Buck Allen tomorrow. A win gives me a shot at a bye and perhaps first. A loss I'm still in the playoffs, but I'd rather get that bye.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Outcome very much in doubt in one league, where I have Gronk and a 10-point lead vs. Demariyus Thomas, Hillman and Gostkowski. If I'd played Bortles over Brees, I'd have a 30-point lead and feeling much more comfortable. Fucking Brees. Of course, next week, I'll probably sit him against Carolina and he'll throw for 7 TDs. Asshole.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Not against Carolina, he won't.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Demaryius Thomas is killing me tonight.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

If I played Carr over Rodgers I'd be up by 25, instead of up by 5 with Aiken going against Barnidge. So now I probably lose by 4 or 5 instead of winning by 15 or 14. Been thinking this the last few weeks, should Carr start and Rodgers sit? Does CBS update their rankings EVER? They have Rodgers as the No 2 qb.

7. bigpern23

I'm in a similar boat. Started Brees over Bortles in two leagues, which fucked me pretty good. On top of that, I picked up Zach Miller this week, liking the matchup, and added Julius Thomas as well, thinking he's a better long-term option (but he didn't have a great matchup this week). Started Miller and he scored 9 points, while Thomas put up 25. So now I've got a 2-point advantage with Justin Tucker vs. Gary Barnidge tomorrow night and a probable loss to knock me out of the playoffs instead of a 50-point win.

I have just consistently sat the wrong players in the wrong weeks in that league.

And, wonderful, I just lost Gronkowski in my other league. Yeesh. Tough day.

8. bigpern23

That catch by Demariyus just pulled my opponent to within a point. He's got Thomas and Hillman still playing. I just lost Gronk for the game. I'm fucked.

9. bigpern23

Can this Patriots defense make one goddamned play for me??

10. bigpern23

Oh, I forgot he has Gostkowski, too. Guaranteed that Brady puts them in position for Gostkowski to beat me.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hope Gronk isn't too banged up. Enjoyed seeing CJ Anderson have a good game (weeks after I cut him).

12. bigpern23

Yup, he got me and, unfortunately, I was playing the third place team, which was a game behind me in the standings. Though we're tied at 8-4, it looks like I'll finish third in the regular season. I play the top team next week, while he plays a bottom feeder. If he wins (and I'm assuming he will), he gets the bye no matter what I do, based on the tiebreaker.

In my other league, I need Tucker to outscore Barnidge tonight to move into a seven-way tie at 6-6. A loss probably ends my playoff hopes. I've lost at least three games in that league by starting the wrong guys. Ugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted