1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 College Football Coaching Carousel Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Wait til he finds out how cold it gets in Blacksburg.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

If Foster was really bitter about not getting promoted, he could have left. That he didn't is telling. And I hope the earlier reports are true about Shane Beamer staying. Not necessarily for the coaching, but for the recruiting.

And, Chef, apparently Fuente said he had a dozen inquiries.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's also easier to win the ACC at VT than it is to win the SEC at Mizzou or South Carolina.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

In normal circumstances, Mizzou is probably at best the fourth-best job in the SEC East.

Virginia Tech, in terms of resources, is the best job in the ACC Coastal.

5. Va. Tech is a good job. Either as a stepping stone to the elites or to (re)build Va. Tech into a national power via the ACC.
    Fuente's nightlife may suffer ; Blacksburg is no Memphis, but he's got a great launch pad for football program.
    Miami - you could argue might be better job than Va. Tech, maybe. But not SC, Mizzou, Maryland, UK, even Georgia, and whatever other shitbird schools have vacancies. Fuente was smart to grab Va. Tech.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

8. JackReacher

Friday in Philly, apparently.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Chipper's feeling good about his one-game-out-of-first Eagles, I guess.

10. JackReacher

Del Rio also told USC to piss off, according to reports.

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Considering the options, I can't believe they stuck with Helton. But I will withhold judgement. I certainly don't know the depth of his management skills and the circumstances around the decision.

12. Frank Reich would be a good get for Maryland.

Odds Kelly gets to the finish the job in Philly? He's reportedly interested in giving Fatty Magoo and the Aluminum Monster spots on the practice squad.

Draft saved Draft deleted