1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Cambodia (Second Chance)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Sep 28, 2015.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Nah - the guy giving up his immunity idol to prove his "trust" then promptly getting dumped at the next TC by those who took the idol from him remains the gold standard. I think he also tried to play "a stick" that he thought was an idol.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I liked Jeremy's move, and he still has another idol.
    Stephen splitting his votes was a bad move. Not the worst but pretty bad.

3. DanOregon

I liked the move, but when people you think of as allies come to you wanting one of your other allies out - you really have to think about the TCs ahead.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Especially knowing that there was a possibility he could have accomplished the same thing - saving Stephen - by simply talking to him first. Jeremy should have told Fischbach what was going on and given Stephen the chance to use his advantage to save his own ass, rather than burning the idol and going against your alliance.

From the look of things, it hasn't hurt Jeremy (and that's a credit to the social game he's playing), but at the time, it was the wrong move.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Good point about the idol vs. the advantage. Jeremy should have at least discussed it with Stephen to see if the advantage could have achieved the same goal.
    The advantage is making Stephen a target, so you use that first since it's known. You hold the idols in reserve.
    Plus, as soon as Joe goes, Jeremy is the next big target. He might need two idols to get through.

6. bigpern23

Spot on.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for Tasha or Wentworth. I want to see one of them win.
    But part of me wouldn't mind seeing Joe win his way into the final and get the money as the others wonder why they didn't get rid of him when they had a shot.

8. bigpern23

Crazy that this was the first week anyone even had a chance to vote Joe out. He literally had not been vulnerable yet this season until last week.

Tasha and Wentworth would both be deserving and I'd be happy to see either of them win. I'm rooting most for Jeremy, though I told my wife Spencer would win at the beginning of the season.

Keith can't win, Abi can't win. Kimmi has a lot of work to do if she wants to win.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Abi can't win. She's been carried this far, but she's already proven how risky that strategy is. She's too emotional to be counted upon in some key situations.
    She's really the only one who has been unlikeable.

I don't think Keith or Kimmi could win, I agree. I don't dislike them, but I think they would need to be heads up against each other or Abi to win, or in a final three with Abi.

I like Jeremy and Spencer. I liked them each last time they were on, but I have a hard time rooting for players who cry. It bugs the heck out of me.

Tasha has really impressed me this season and the last time she played. She's just a very savvy smart player.

And Wentworth has impressed me this season with how smart she is and how hard she is playing the game.

10. DanOregon

But that's the thing about Survivor, we're getting to the point of trying to team up with people you want sitting next to you in the final TC.
    Right now that would be Abi (but I couldn't trust her), Kimmi, Keith (who I think people could respect for his competitiveness), Wentworth, Tasha, Spencer, Jeremy, Joe. Spencer strikes me as someone who will make a move that alienates people (if he survives getting conked on Wednesday).

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Yeah, I forgot about that one. But Fishbach's brainy move is definitely top three.

12. bigpern23

If they were more self-aware, Kimmi, Abi and Keith could be a formidable "voting bloc." But I don't think any of them realize that the other two are the only ones who they can beat.

Keith, for as competitive as he is in challenges, doesn't seem to realize the game is taking place all around him, not just when Probst is involved. Abi thinks everyone else is crazy and somehow she's the one who has "decisions to make." Kimmi wants to be a better player than she is. If looked around at the other players objectively, she'd realize how good everyone else is playing and that she can't beat anyone but Abi and Keith. She may yet figure that out, but I think she'll get voted out soon. People realize that she's playing the game and she's an easy target.

Draft saved Draft deleted