1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I assumed it was because she didn't want to draw any walkers to their place but I could be wrong. She would've had to kill Morgan AND the Wolf and that might've trapped them via their only escape out since, apparently, they were in the same building as Eugene and company came from, the one with the garage barricaded.
    I do love how chill Carl was during that scene but there's no reason whatsoever he shouldn't have immediately shot that shitty kid after he got his gun.
    And that new kid has got to go. Fuck him.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

The wolf let them go bc Morgan's teachings worked on him, meaning those 90 minutes we spent watching that weeks back paid off dammit.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Okay, I have no idea how I would react - but I imagine I'd be so overwhelmed if put into that situation like that of the Alexandrians that if I came upon a group of people who had been through all that Rick's group had, I would listen to them and if the shit arrived, I'd listen some more. I'd be too scared to let my id even enter the discussion.
    A couple of other things. You spend all that time building walls, well aware of the danger the walkers pose - why not have a designated "safe house" - a secure spot with provisions, weapons, and a possible escape route/vehicle within Alexandria?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. They should have had a better plan in place if the walls fell.

I am already fed up with this crap about having to watch 10 minutes of Into the Badlands to see something from Walking Dead. I gave it a shot. I don't like it. I'm not watching it and for that, I missed a scene of the show I actually want to watch. It's getting very annoying.

5. schiezainc

I always took this as another sign that they're delusional/never thought about the seriousness of the threat.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

We don't see Negan just yet. His group stops Darryl and Co. on the road.

Carl should have smacked the shit out of that kid when they went upstairs. My God, what an idiot he is.

And get Carol not shooting the Wolf and then trying to kill Morgan. Too much noise and, IIRC, that side of the house wasn't yet cluttered by walkers.

I muted the damn TV for 10 minutes, waiting for it to come on during the first break. I missed the first 10 or so seconds, but luckily Talking Dead showed it later.

And that's something else: AMC needs to quit fucking with the order of things. It should be Walking Dead, Talking Dead and then whatever the hell else they're trying to make us interested in. I thought Into the Badlands was going to be a good show, but it's been disappointing so far.

PaperClip529 and schiezainc like this.
  7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

So, how on earth can everyone hit the walkers straight in the head from practically any distance, but as soon as they're in the room with the Wolf, no one takes the shot? Seems like that would've ended that whole threat pretty quick.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm on the brink again. I don't know if I can keep watching this; it's gotten so dumb.
    It's going to take a lot to win me back in the spring.

Zombie-gut camo apparently works better now than the last time the used it. Why isn't that an ongoing technique?
    With what they know about the Wolves, why would Rosie lay her gun down?
    Why did they let the weird kid continue to play his record when there are walkers downstairs?
    Why does the baby cry when Deana comes into the room but never cries any other time?
    Carol knew Morgan was upstairs. Why didn't she walk into the cell and dispatch the Wolf immediately?
    Why can't capable Maggie get away from zombies without falling down?
    Why didn't they at least attempt to knock out some zombies at the wall for the past two days?
    Why did they come up with that stupid pied-piper plan anyway?
    Why did Morgan tie the Wolf with the guy's hands in front of him?
    Why didn't Morgan tie the Wolf's feet?
    Why would the Wolf leave possible enemies alive behind him?
    Why didn't the zombies kill Eugene instead of just streaming past him?

schiezainc and PaperClip529 like this.
  9. KYSportsWriter

Now I remember where we first saw the Wolf Morgan was keeping tied up in the room. He's one of the two who try to attack Morgan in Season 5 episode "Conquer."

schiezainc likes this.
  10. schiezainc

Yep. He had that incredible discussion with him by the fire that I could have watched for an entire episode.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yep, that was discussed upthread.

12. KYSportsWriter

Guess I didn't see it earlier. Too much to keep up with in this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted