1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 12 The Steelers are back!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 17, 2015.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To be fair, he was often quite painful to watch.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Pretty good receiver, though.

3. outofplace

Well, he did average 90 yards per reception and he scored a touchdown on every pass he caught in his career. :)

People really are spending some time looking at that box score from 1981. Of course, the result was the same today as it was 34 years ago. Seattle won that one, too.

4. Baron Scicluna

I didn't even know it was against Seattle. I just kept remembering announcers every so often bringing it up. And I couldn't quite recall if it had been him or Cliff Stoudt.

Looking up the box now, Theotis Brown made some fantasy owners happy, punter Jeff West was a yard short of being tied for Seattle's second-leading rusher and tackle Steve August caught a 9-yard pass. Bizarre game.

5. outofplace

I think Stoudt threw the pass to Malone. That 90-yarder stood as the longest pass in team history for a long time. I believe Mike Wallace has the record now with 95 yards.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Would think Amendola comes back next week, but if not do the Pats continue to win with basically one legit NFL WR in LaFell? They have the best TE and a solid No. 2 TE, but do they need another NFL WR. Do they sign Mario Manningham? Does Wes Welker ask to be released by the Rams?

7. Baron Scicluna

Down goes Gronk.

8. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

There goes the season.

SnarkShark likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Fixed.
    I'm sure Belichick and Brady will find a way. They're not going to suck, especially in a year where there's not an equally great team. Still, at some point, the injuries just become too much to overcome.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

On the bright side for Peyton, he might get a second ring.

11. Baron Scicluna

When the WWE comes to visit Denver again, they need to have Paul Heyman come out as the advocate for BRRROCK ... Osweiler.

The fans would go nuts.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Obligatory post from a Pats fan here whining about the refs, whining about injuries, whining about the weather, etc.
    Nothing to see here. Carry on.

exmediahack and JC like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted