1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 College Football Rankings thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 3, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You could play this game with any team in the country with the exception of Clemson.

--Alabama's marquee non-con win is against Wisconsin, which is pretty good, but then Iowa beat Wisconsin too. Meanwhile Alabama lost to a team that then lost to a team that finished fifth in the AAC. The Tide's best win appears to be against Georgia, which just fired its coach.

--Oklahoma's marquee non-con win is against Tennessee, which could only muster second place in the weak SEC East. The Sooners fattened up the resume by playing three other teams who steadfastly avoided non-con challenges in order to boost their profiles, and how good really are any of those teams? Meanwhile Oklahoma lost to Texas, which is in seventh place in the Big 12.

I am not trying to say those teams don't belong in the playoff, just noting how easy it is to construct an argument against anyone if that's what you're into. We don't have a system where all of the 10-12 win teams play each other. If we did, they wouldn't be 10-12 win teams.

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, at this stage of the game, nobody's beat anybody good, it seems. Maybe Michigan State, which also lost to Nebraska. Maybe Oklahoma, which also lost to Texas.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

If you bring two-loss teams into it, Stanford has to be considered (if it beats USC next Saturday). In the final Pac-12 standings, 10 teams are bowl eligible. Somebody last night said the Big Ten was the strongest conference this season. I don't think so.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you're including Northwestern in that list of three teams since they're, you know, ranked and stuff... Iowa beat them 30 in Evanston. They'll also not avoid one of the other three ranked teams next week.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Houston, how did you lose to UConn? The Coogs might have had as good a case as anybody if not for that head scratcher.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Starting QB was hurt.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Meh, I think this whole season has been weak for everyone, including Clemson. They should just cancel the CFP this year and melt down the trophy.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Give it to UAB. They're unbeaten this year.

Yeah, yeah, I know... "they didn't play anybody."

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

My prediction for tomorrow night.

1. Clemson
    2. Oklahoma
    3. Alabama
    4. Iowa

5. Michigan State
    6. Ohio State

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Chaos ensues Saturday night when UNC beats Clemson. Michigan State shithouses Iowa.
    That leaves you with Oklahoma, Alabama, Michigan State, Ohio State.
    The ultimate chaos would happen if Florida (somehow) beats Alabama.
    That could leave Oklahoma, Michigan State, Ohio State.........and Stanford?

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

North Carolina.

franticscribe likes this.
  12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Didn't UNC play a couple FCS teams? I don't see UNC getting in if it beats Clemson.

Draft saved Draft deleted