1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 College Football Coaching Carousel Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Aug 28, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Where do you come up with this shit?

Mizzou signed seven KC-area players last February, including QB-of-future (and unfortunately the too-early present this year) Drew Lock as well as Marquise Doherty, the top-rated recruit in the state of Kansas. It was the best they've ever done in KC and the bulk of a national top-20 recruiting class.

Missouri mines Kansas City heavily in latest recruiting class

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Looks like Bowling Green's Dino Babers to UCF:

Dino Babers UCF

Great hire. Will be interesting to see someone running the Baylor offense with Florida athletes.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Bill Cubit with the saddest "support" from his boss ever.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I like the Iowa State hire for Campbell. The Big 12 is really just the big three or four, there are three winnable games every year in conference and with a soft non-con you can get to six wins easy. Build that up a bit, bring in more players from the Midwest. The Cyclones presently don't have a single player from Michigan or Ohio. Figure Campbell can bring some of the better MAC-bound players in, maybe introduce the concept of defense to the conference and have some success.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I guess Georgia has decided since they fired Richt they should go Full Asshole.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/jordan-jenkins-on-richts-firing-it-aint-right

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Rumor mill on full tilt today in Georgia. Read one that Kirby Smart was spotted in Athens today. Saw another from "someone who would know" that they want to bring in Smart and keep Richt as some assistant AD or player ambassador or some shit. Of course there was another that the AD, McGarity, is about to get fired. By tomorrow I fully expect the ghost of Bear Bryant to be installing the Power I after finding another year of eligibility for Fran Tarkenton.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

It's amusing how people outside the state seem to think Fuente and Bud can't work together at VT. Or that it's a bad thing that both are there. VT fans are, and should be, elated that it worked out this way.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

It's a coup defensively, and it's even more of one if Fuente doesn't have to keep Shane Beamer around. But is it ever a good situation when an outside hire keeps people who wanted his job?

Not that it matters to me. Jon Oliver is inexplicably being allowed to run UVA's search again, despite having exactly zero accomplishments in Charlottesville. Pencil in a coach with nothing on his resume and another 12 years for the winning streak.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'm very very curious why Fuente didn't wait a couple more weeks before jumping to VT........he could have had his pick of jobs that were a helluva lot better than VT.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Which ones?

I could see Mizzou having some interest in him, but is Mizzou really that much better than VT?

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I heard Miami and South Carolina were both beating on his door.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Miami is not a better job than VT in 2015. The other two are, but mostly because of the SEC, and only for that reason in Mizzou's case.

Draft saved Draft deleted