1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sister Souljah > William Shakespeare

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cjericho, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

It also doesn't say much for the journalistic effort that produced that question. smh

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

She's trolling you guys. You know that, right?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You would know.

By trolling you mean trying to play the race card to gain attention for herself, yes, that is clear. It is also inappropriate.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Always interesting when a group of SJ stalwarts expound on race and share their collective wisdom and insights about the black American experience.

5. outofplace

Who is commenting on the black American experience? I'm commenting on one African American woman misusing the race card and making ridiculous comparisons to draw attention to herself.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Those blacks.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Good gosh. Check your privilege OOP.

8. outofplace

I hope you are kidding, too. Though I strongly disagree with you and the biases you bring into many discussions around here, I hope you know better.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Without ever having met YF, I can assure you he is kidding, OOP.

10. outofplace

That is my assumption as well, but he has gone the ridiculous route before.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

OOP, take that line of argument you made (the "test of time" one) and roll it out in front of an audience of English majors in a contemporary university. Then come back and tell us about that word "ridiculous".

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Read her answer again, and tell me where she says she's a better writer than Shakespeare.

She's objecting to the idea that Shakespeare is by default considered a better writer than her, and other black writers.

But, you missed that, because you got you back up over any answer that didn't include her bowing to the alter of white privilege.

Draft saved Draft deleted