1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 College Football Coaching Carousel Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Aug 28, 2015.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

4. UGA cans Richt...

He'll be unemployed as long as wants to be. I think he'll be heavily pursued.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but not by any aspiring top-5 programs. I doubt Miami or USC would go for him.

He'd probably best bide his time for a couple weeks and see if any middle-upper level P5 jobs pop open.

6. Steak Snabler

Richt is just as likely to sit for a while and focus on his missionary/charitable work.

Maybe he could get the Missouri job.

7. Steak Snabler

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Or South Carolina?

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I'd be fine with him going to either of those schools and handing it to the Dawgs the first time he plays them. And this is coming from a UGA grad.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Franklin better get this hire right, or he's next. It's not a happy little culture.

It's pretty telling that Franklin doesn't even have a play card in his hands on the sidelines. He is most definitely not a game coach.

And it's ghastly that a program with three talents like Hackenberg (yes, still), Saquon Barkley and Chris Godwin cannot move the football.

I Should Coco and TeamBud like this.
  11. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

He was in the mix 15 years ago when Mizzou hired Pinkel; not sure the circumstances are any better now. Mizzou needs to go for someone younger, with a better recruiting foothold in Texas. Which means they will likely hire Tom Herman.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

My question on Campbell-to-Iowa State.

Even as bad as Kansas is this year, at 0-12, you're more likely (albeit not a high likelihood) of winning the Big XII at Kansas than you are at Iowa State. That's why I'm puzzled as to why Campbell settled for Ames.

I do bring up the "Gary Darnell Example" meaning that, if you're a MAC coach, turning down a Big Ten/Big 12 job puts you at risk losing the "hot coach luster" if you have a losing season to follow. He turned down, I believe, Mizzou while at Western Michigan and never got another shot at the big time.

I always say, in college basketball, if your team makes a run (Andy Enfield), you ALWAYS go to the power conference. Always.

Yet, this case, I'm not so certain. Campbell could have waited a year and probably landed one of 5 Big Ten jobs.

Back to Kansas for a second... I do believe they have the right coach in place with David Beaty, even with an 0-12 record. When Snyder leaves K-State, they could fade quickly and Mizzou's move to the SEC has, essentially, given a big "fuck you" to its fan/recruiting base in Kansas City. Now Mizzou only targets St. Louis because of geography.

Kansas could lock down a major metro area in Kansas City for recruiting and fans if it plays its cards right over the next 3-5 years.

Draft saved Draft deleted