1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Live Police Scanner feed - Colorado Springs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Vombatus, Nov 27, 2015.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

All right, who had GOP Rep. Adam Kinzinger as the first to say something stupid pool?

"“Regardless, if somebody is targeting Planned Parenthood, it’s not indicative of what folks that are opposed to what some of the practices Planned Parenthood commits. We saw these barbaric videos and that is something many of us have a legitimate concern about. That doesn’t mean we’re gonna take guns and walk into Planned Parenthood clinics.”

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/1...-planned-parenthood-shooting-comments-images/

Oh, and earlier, he said that PP should apologize if the shooter wasn't targeting them. So now that it appears like he was targeting them, Rep. Kinzinger is ... silent.

He must be a member of the CC&R Club

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I consider the source. Then I laugh even harder.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Laugh rather than cry. Good for you!

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Be nice to have something more concrete than an unnamed "source".

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm sure you were just as demanding regarding evidence of the motivation for the attacks in Paris.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8. Baron Scicluna

He was quoted from a appearance on CNN. Pretty concrete.

9. Baron Scicluna

So, in a perusal of the twitters, still zero comment from any of the leading Republican presidential candidates (except Cruz) about an act of terrorism on US soil. They must be spending a lot of time reading books about goats.

I will give Carson his due. He is visiting Syrian refugees in Jordan. But the rest?

Rubio did tweet yesterday that there was only one thing he could say for the day, which was ... go Gators.

Jeb, meanwhile, didn't have time to express any sympathies, but did manage to take a pic with Hugh Freeze.

Trump spent several tweets complaining about CNN.

Christie, who,should know about disasters on American soil? Just thanking the NH Union leader for its every-four-year endorsement of a Republican candidate.

Carly? Nothing.

How can we trust these candidates when they won't even make a comment of sympathy towards victims of domestic terrorism?

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'll take the appearance of introspection and humility over neener-neener politics any day of the week.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Have they said anything about the white supremacists who shot up the protest in Minneapolis?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh my.

RT @GovMikeHuckabee: The Colorado Springs tragedy is domestic terrorism, especially for those us in the pro-life movement.

Draft saved Draft deleted