1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 College Football Coaching Carousel Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Aug 28, 2015.

1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Maybe he just doesn't go want to go anywhere else, but I would certainly take a shot at David Shaw if I were one of these programs.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Isn't Stanford one of those damn near perfect jobs so long as you're mildly competent?
    Great weather; beautiful setting; a school that cares about sports but not too much; pays pretty well; is happy with being in the top half of the Pac-12 and an occasional championship, but not obsessed with making the Playoff every year; and has enough tradition that, unlike Vanderbilt or Duke, it's high academic standards aren't that big of a detriment to fielding a winning program.
    As long as he doesn't run that thing into the ground or piss people off, and breaks off a Pac-12 title every few years, he could probably spend 20 years there.
    Of course, he's a college football coach so who knows what the hell would motivate him to stay or go?

3. SnarkShark

I'm not saying he should leave. I'm saying I'm surprised people haven't taken a run at him to try to get him to leave.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Ask Jimmy Johnson how well that 1984 season at Miami went with half of his assistants as Schnellenberger holdovers thinking they should have gotten the head job.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Haven't some NFL teams taken a run at Shaw? I don't see him leaving. He seems to know how good he has it there.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. SnarkShark

I think he does, too. He's the kinda coach I love. Never flinches. He's never too high, never too low. His composure is passed on to his team.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The sound you hear coming from the LSU higher-ups ...

I'm guessing Jimbo is staying in Tallahassee?

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I am still miffed why he took a Power 5 job that has NO chance of ever winning a conference or division title. Ever.

If you're going to leave a situation where you win a lot of games, beat two major programs this year, why go to a place where 7-5 is your ultimate goal?

Campbell may have not wanted to be the typical MAC who goes to Illinois, Purdue, Indiana or Minnesota and gets fired three years later. At Iowa State, he'll get five years before he gets canned.

Iowa State is always in an odd place. No way Campbell stays if he ever gets to eight wins. SEC will snap him up.

SnarkShark likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted