1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2015 Week 13 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

What I imagine thousands of frustrated LSU fans were thinking watching that:

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

CYA time for the WWL:

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Decision was made by the decision makers. Got it.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Oh, come on. For all of them to meet during the third quarter of a game to decide the coach's fate is pretty unusual.

You're trying too hard to be critical. There's plenty of opportunity without hunting for it.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I love the idea of the LSU Illuminati meeting in the bowels of the Tiger Stadium dorms during a game to determine Les Miles' fate.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I wonder if Schad heard that anecdote from the same "source" who was telling him all week Miles was getting fired.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Of course it's unusual. That doesn't make "decision makers" any more than useless jargon. Who was it? Administrators? Boosters? The president of the university? Illuminati?

He should ask his "sources."

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I wonder if they were playing Rock Paper Scissors.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Now that Thanksgiving weekend is a full slate, those neutral site games for the Big Ten in particular make the most sense.

Illinois-NW at Chicago. That's a good move. Hope that stays.

Indiana-Purdue should be at Lucas Oil every year, too. I imagine 75 percent of the alums of those schools who live in Indiana are within 25 miles of the stadium.

On Minnesota-Wisconsin, a thanksgiving weekend game at Minnesota will never be a home field advantage for the Gophers. Wisconsin always has about 10,000 Minnesota natives enrolled at Madison and they love nothing more than "traveling" 10 miles or less from their parents house to watch Bucky play. Minnesota never received the same "pull" on the tuition reciprocity deal.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There's really no "neutral site" that works for Wisconsin-Minnesota.

Ford Field is no good for Michigan-MSU because it's 15,000 seats smaller than either stadium. If they'd kept the Silverdome (80,000) open, it might have made some sense.

I think the conference may discourage either IU or PU playing regular season games at Lucas Oil to preserve its status as a neutral site for the league championship game. Not that either team is any particular threat to make the title game in any of our lifetimes.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Also, Wisconsin and, somewhat, Minnesota - along with Michigan State and Michigan - also have superb football atmospheres for a Thanksgiving weekend. Illinois/Indiana/Purdue/Northwestern (NW strictly because it is much smaller than the others) are very lacking on a Thanksgiving weekend. Why not make it easier for the fan bases to get to the games if they're in Chicago and Indy anyway?

Draft saved Draft deleted