1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race -- All-Purpose Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I have absolutely no desire to go to India.

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

It was interesting that they were in India a week after one of my brothers just returned from there. He'd traveled there for work and we just saw him the other night and he was telling us a lot about it. He didn't mention the monkeys and camels roaming the streets, though. :)

After seeing it on TV, though, I can understand why you might not have any desire to go there. I think I would, if I had the opportunity. But I don't think I'll mind too much if I never get there.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

After tonight's episode, I'm wondering if there is no more restrictions on U-Turning (like if you U-Turn once during the Race, you can't do it again)? Because Kelsey and Joey were talking about using it on the Paps when they just U-Turned Team Texas last leg.

That sneak preview for next week is way too drama filled for anything to have actually happened. Like, they paint it as Justin and Diana going home but either it's non-elimination (which would make sense at this point in the Race) or for once they didn't finish in first or something.

I liked seeing the wedding party. I think Indian weddings are awesome and if I wasn't some white girl from middle America, I would totally have one.

Pool update:
    Huggy - Justin and Diana 137
    *bumpy mcgee - Tanner and Josh 72
    *Write Thinking - Denise and James Earl 54
    Wenders - Kelsey and Joey 50
    MTM - Logan and Chris 39
    Iron_Chet - Tiffany and Krista 33
    *WolvEagle - Cindy and Rick 28
    *TigerVols - Jazmine and Danielle 22
    *Ernest and Jin 8
    *Alex and Adam 7
    *Shavonne and Kelly 1

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Huggy, I'll bet you really don't want to go to India now. What a zoo!

I, too, was interested in the preview for next week. I'm looking forward to seeing what did happen (if anything, as you say, Wenders).

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I can confidently say India is the absolute last place on the planet I would want to visit, as evidenced on the last two epis.

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I was kind of hoping Logan and Chris would run over a cow with the carnival ride. Spur an angry mob, that kind of thing. That would be good TV, Four Weddings and a Funeral kind of affair. The cheerleaders looked absolutely pathetic during the generator push, but have to admire them for keeping after it and staying alive in the race!

7. Wenders

I can't say much because my parents have one of those old push lawnmowers that you have to pull start and I can't get that started for nothing.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Oh, God, no. What chaos. TAR does a great job of showing off many of the countries they visit and maiing you want to go there. With India it has the complete opposite effect.

Looked like India's leading Freddie Mercury impersonator was the guy handing out the clues at the wedding reception.

9. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

The production team did a heck of a job with the suspense last night. I was hoping for the opposite result of what happened in the elimination. Oh, well.

I really don't want Logan and Chris to win - they are insufferable.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It didn't take Justin long to go from blubbering idiot back to insufferable asshole. The near-elimination didn't bring him any humility.

Gotta imagine most viewers are pulling for the newscasters to win.

11. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I'll take Chris and Logan over Team Justin. I find him to be such a disingenuous ass hole and think his whole shtick is contrived.

At least with Logan and Chris I feel like I am seeing themselves as they really are.

12. Wenders

Agreed with everyone about Justin. If I was Diana, I would have pushed him into the harbor and told him to STFU. I kept screaming at Krista, "SWIM DOWN! JUST SWIM DOWN!" How many times did she swim right by the golden fish??

I'm so disgusted with Justin surviving that I have nothing else to say. Neither of the challenges was really "Hong Kong" esque.

Pool update
    Huggy - Justin and Diana 138
    *bumpy mcgee - Tanner and Josh 72
    *Write Thinking - Denise and James Earl 54
    MTM - Logan and Chris 53
    Wenders - Kelsey and Joey 52
    *Iron_Chet - Tiffany and Krista 34
    *WolvEagle - Cindy and Rick 28
    *TigerVols - Jazmine and Danielle 22
    *Ernest and Jin 8
    *Alex and Adam 7
    *Shavonne and Kelly 1