1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015-16 NBA Thread (feat. the Wives)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Curry's already hit 87 threes this season. By comparison, the League's next closest guy (Harden) has 46.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

As a special bonus, it's so great that it's not All LeBron All the Time anymore.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

And Harden is shooting about 26% from 3

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Warriors 20-0. Curry 40 points in 31 minutes, sat out fourth quarter (for fifth time in six games).

Next up: a back-to-back at Toronto (Sat) and Brooklyn (Sun).

6. LongTimeListener

21-0. Hairy at the end, a three-point win in Toronto. Curry is the first player in NBA history to have 40+ points and 8+ three-pointers in back-to-back games. Winning streak is the longest to open a season in any of the four major sports. (Previous record: 20-0 by the 1884 St. Louis Maroons of MLB's Union Association.)

Today could be the toughest test -- back-to-back game in Brooklyn, with everyone having logged heavy minutes today. After that it's Tuesday in Indiana, the toughest game of a six-game trip. Then to Boston and Milwaukee on another back-to-back.

If they streak survives this trip, they head home for five in a row (one of which is against Cleveland on Christmas Day, it would be #29). I think they can go 41-0 at Oracle.

--In his last five games, Curry has 170 points in 167 minutes.

Songbird likes this.
  7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I hope people appreciate what they're witnessing here. This is some seriously historically crazy shit, both with Curry individually and the Warriors collectively (I mean, when you've got go all the way back to the 1884 Maroons to find a comparable start in any of our pro sports....).

That said, my prediction is the streak won't last past that Tuesday date in Indiana. Pacers have been playing well, and the Warriors should be flat out spent after this stack of consecutive road games. That date smells like a streak ender to me.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  8. LongTimeListener

I would be more confident in their ability to keep going if Barnes wasn't out, but without him they can't really do the small-ball nitrous oxide afterburners and run a team off the court. So one of these days Curry is only going to hit five threes, and that will be that.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm amazed every night now. The Ws keep doing the little things needed to get the win (Draymond w reb at end of Jazz game; etc) along with just having Curry doing Curry things (3s to tie it take lead in last 2 mins).

The streak is getting too big; last night Raps playing really tough; 2 starters out; Jazz were really tough; 7 gm roadie (remember when 4-3 was a good one?).

I'm enjoying it but kind of want it to end and have them just prepare for playoffs too (can't believe I just wrote that.).

Thanks Ws.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Yet there is still that "The Warriors didn't play the Spurs in the playoffs, nor have the met SA this season, so it's not as good as you think" school of thought out there that I don't understand. So they should be penalized because the Spurs were upset in the playoffs, or the whims of the schedue-maker?

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Nobody has said that except a couple of clippers , and they are idiots .

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

What you say about Indiana makes perfect sense with one caveat: It will be the Pacers' first home game since a four-game trip out west, and your hardest home games of the year are always the first ones after long road trips.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted