1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Been having to work on Saturdays, so I'm mostly reading recaps this season, but I think the big shock is that it came a little early. She's leaving the show at season's end.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It was set up in The Winter Solder, especially the bit with Zola.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I don't know of this theory and you two are keeping me in suspense. Spoil away.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Fire away.

5. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

In Winter Soldier, Cap and BW are confronted by Zola. Basically anyone who started to catch on that Hydra was deep within Shield - they had accidents and passed away.
    Stark's parents were killed in a car crash mostly setup by the Winter Soldier.

6. outofplace

That's what I was thinking of as well. Zola explains what happened and his monitor shows a newspaper clipping with a story about the death of Starks' parents. I don't think there was any specific mention of the Winter Soldier, but it would make sense given his role with Hydra that he would have been the one to take them out.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Ahh, I didn't even think of that.

We also know he shot Black Widow, so Bucky would have history with a couple of them and would explain the early reports of her siding with Stark.

Unrelated but how exactly strong is Steve Rogers supposed to be in the MCU?

The trailer showed him holding onto a helicopter and keeping it from taking off.

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Right, I do remember hearing about that actually. That would definitely explain Stark's position against Bucky and, in turn, Cap. It does make me wonder how the rest of the mains decide to draw the line. Obviously Falcon is going to do whatever Cap does. But I wonder how the others end up on his side.

9. Madhavok

I'm curious too. Have to imagine something about the Superhero registration act will come into place?

As for Cap - he is in peak human form. Can bench anywhere from 1,200 to 2,000'ish maybe. Ultimate Cap was much, much stronger. I love seeing the characters possess their powers in full form. Thor is so toned down I feel in these movies. I mean, come on. As is Cap. I really wanted to see Cap throw his shield at a tank in AoU and slice it down the middle or at least the top of it.

10. outofplace

A version of the Superhero Registration Act has been referenced in the post-credits scene from Ant-Man ("The accords" are mentioned) and in the trailer. Ross tells Captain America, Falcon and Black Widow that the world can "no longer tolerate" the way the Avengers had operated in the past. We also get a glimpse of something called the Sokovia Accords. Perhaps an international version of the SRA?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  11. Madhavok

Ah that's right! How could I forget so easily about that scene in Ant-Man.

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Finished Jessica Jones last night. Really enjoyed it. I burned through the last few episodes really quickly. There were plenty of did-not-see-that-coming moments which, if we are comparing it the other Marvel Netflix show, I did not get from Daredevil.

However, in Daredevil, I was equally intrigued by both the protagonist and antagonist. With Jessica Jones, I often found myself drawn into the show because of the bad guy, kind of like the Joker in The Dark Knight. Kilgrave was easily the best part of the show for me. Jessica herself did not really do anything for me.

Any word on plans to do a Season 2?

Draft saved Draft deleted