1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 College Football Coaching Carousel Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Aug 28, 2015.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I find it funny that the FSU administration is now getting religion on making players behave. Bobby Bowden's boys weren't saints.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well sure UVA should try to get Mullen. Why would he go there when he has such a good setup in Starkville?

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I don't know, but unless multiple outlets covering teams looking for a coach are just making it up his camp is putting out feelers. Seems like he wants out for some reason.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Chip Kelly is going to get one of these jobs

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

USC, I would think.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

For the record, I don't think Mullen will wind up at UVA. The new name to watch there, from what I understand, is Mike Sanford Jr., the offensive coordinator at Notre Dame and the son of the former UNLV coach.

7. Jake_Taylor

Maybe he could get some of those Woodberry kinds like Procise to stay home.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

How much bending of admissions standards goes on at UVa?

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

For all the thinking that coaches don't want to be in the SEC West because they can't compete ... ummm, isn't the SEC still like NFL Jr.?
    The talent is good, unless you're at Vanderbilt. The reputation is good. The league is well-run. Most importantly, the money is good.
    So, barring a Godfather-like offer, why would Dan Mullen leave even a mid-level SEC program like Mississippi State -- where he showed last season that you can get to the top -- and where people seem happy with 8-10 wins a year to make a lateral move to Virginia or Virginia Tech?

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Virginia would be a lateral move. Va. Tech is very much a step up. You can compete for national titles there.

11. Jake_Taylor

What do you think the major difference between Virginia and Virginia Tech is, other than one had Frank Beamer for 20+ years?

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Prospects in greater DC and the Tidewater have seen VT win big in living memory. Hokies also have the fan base donations to pony up for a top staff and facilities )more so than MSU certainly). And while both are good schools my impression is that there's more flexibility for getting recruits to qualify in Blacksburg.

Draft saved Draft deleted