1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Carson: Bungling Surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I did watch it. I think it's reasonable that he was just imitating a flailing reporter. Granted, I don't really know the background. It's also quite plausible that he was mocking him, but I'm not going to jump to that conclusion.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Then you're being intentionally ignorant.

SnarkShark likes this.
  4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Nope. I despise the man, but just trying to be reasonable. Maybe hopeful is the word I'm looking for -- I sincerely hope that wasn't his intention. I watched it a second time, and now that I saw the picture of the reporter, I do have a different outlook on it, but I'm still not sure. Maybe reading his explanation before I saw the video influenced me, as well.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The best way he could solidify his base would be to work an, "Has anyone seen my baseball?" into his stump speech.

X-Hack likes this.
  6. LongTimeListener

Seriously, man, it's like you're in a one-man competition to show how understanding and open-minded you are.

There is no other way to interpret the video than that he is mocking the man's deformities. None.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Seriously, man, I don't have to show anyone here or anywhere else anything. Sorry I'm not in lockstep on everything. If you choose to be enraged about it, feel free.

8. LongTimeListener

I'm not enraged. I just mistakenly thought you were a lot smarter than this, that's all.

You should not criticize any Trump voter anymore, because whether you push the button for him or someone else, you're just as dumb.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I'll criticize whatever I choose, thanks.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Anybody who buys Trump's 'explanation' for anything is stamping themselves as a complete goddamn idiot.

There is no further need to 'fact-check' anything he says -- EVERYTHING he says can safely be dismissed as bullshit.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

The more I see and read, the more I'm coming around to the idea. If that really was his intent this might be the worst of his many gaffes (though I don't have a full list in front of me). Its really sounding like he knew this guy better than he's letting on. But LTL can still kiss my ass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.