1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there not a running NHL season thread?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Oct 9, 2015.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Oh boy. There is needing a change. ... but there's also knowing what constitutes a good change.

Liut likes this.
  2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

How is Erat doing for the Caps?

JC likes this.
  3. dprince57

dprince57 Member

Uhhhh ...

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

16-4-2 Canadiens @ 16-3-2 Rangers tonight.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Before I look, let me guess. Razor?

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Ha! I knew it!

7. dprince57

dprince57 Member

Indeed

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The same man who once described an overtime goal to beat the Stars in the playoffs as "a hobnailed boot to the groin."

9. The Big Ragu

Montreal shut them out earlier in the season. The Rangers are winning a ton, but they are doing it with smoke and mirrors. Getting outshot a lot, very badly many nights. A lot of sloppy play in their own zone, with Lundqvist bailing them out. Believe it or not, they still haven't put it all together yet.

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Getzlaf assisted on all five Ducks goals last night in a 5-3 victory over the Flames. Second time in his career with five assists.
    First time this season the Ducks came back to win after trailing in the third. They did it 10 times last season.
    Goaltending is a question. Andersen has the flu. Gibson recalled from San Diego. Khudobin started, gave up two juicy rebounds and was pulled after 10 minutes down 2-0. Gibson did pretty well stopping 19 of 20 shots.

11. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

0-7 when he was hired, 8-7 since.

12. The Big Ragu

You didn't think they'd go 0-82, did you? :)

I guess Torts is OK in Columbus. They weren't winning anything, anyhow. But if you have a team on the cusp, I don't like him as the coach to put it all together -- the job he did in Tampa that one year notwithstanding. His teams lack any creativity.

What I meant by him never being a good change is that he's just a jerk. He's rude, short-tempered and stubborn as anything. It can be entertaining -- his battles with Larry Brooks were fun -- but more often than not, I find him to be a bad kind of distraction.

Draft saved Draft deleted