1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 College Football Coaching Carousel Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Mizzou players are all over Twitter demanding Odom gets the job and since we've seen who is in charge at that school he has to get it, right? ;)

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Because he wants a job, presumably.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah because what Mizzou really needs after this year is a coach who can't develop a quarterback.

Miles is 62. That would be a turn-off at a lot of schools, and I think Mizzou would be one of those schools. They can at least aim for a 10-15 year guy. Feels like Miles would be in with schools with a shorter time horizon and a recruiting advantage that he can mine, since that's his real strength.

4. Steak Snabler

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I keep thinking we're going to hear Miles to Miami soon. He could flex his recruiting muscle there and he and everyone at LSU could quietly work out a buyout and he could say he's leaving on his own, kinda like Tubby Smith. Everybody saves a little face and everybody gets what they want.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

At 62, he can't wait around for another job. Mizzou ain't top 5 but it isn't the dregs either.

7. Steak Snabler

Yeah, it's fairly familiar territory given Mizzou recruits in east Texas just like LSU does. And obviously, Les has ties in Oklahoma and the midwest, so he could probably recruit Oklahoma, Illinois, Indiana, etc., pretty well.

And being in the same league, it would be an opportunity to stick it to LSU if he could get Mizzou to the SEC title game before LSU gets back. Also, Mizzou plays at LSU next October.

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

If Miles is in line for a huge buyout as many are saying, why would he need another job? He's 62. He could do whatever he wants and never worry about anything again.

9. Steak Snabler

Of course he could, but he's old enough that probably really didn't get into coaching for the money. He seems like a guy that genuinely loves what he does and wouldn't give it up voluntarily.

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Probably because he likes coaching.

EDIT: Steak beat me to it.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If Miles became one of those guys who stepped away from the big time and went back to coach a high school team just for the pure joy, that's a reality show I'd watch.

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Yeah, I realize that. More than anyone, probably. But still...

Draft saved Draft deleted