1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 11 .. Denver Broncos Freefall edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 17, 2015.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

God, it's going to be so great when Brady retires and the Patriots fall back to the also-rans of the NFL, where they resided from Day 1 of their existence until 2001.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, when you take out the 15-20 years of being as consistently dominating as any franchise ever, the Patriots are nothing.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I want a poin emoji. Now.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Yeah, especially when you meant to type "your."

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Sure you do. It's why the Colts game was a "vengeance" game for you. You even posted earlier how you were "denied" your proper enjoyment of the previous Super Bowl victory amid all the Deflategate nonsense. The idea that any success the Pats have is forever tainted gnaws at you and always will.

6. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

The teachers-fucking-students guy doesn't care for my contribution to a discussion of emojis. I'm crushed.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's like how hilarious it was when the brief era of Ruth, Gehrig, Dickey, DiMaggio, Berra, Ford, and Mantle had passed.

Let's see what you got now, Yankees!

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The weird thing is, from the merger until Parcells got there, even the year they went to the Super Bowl, to most people here, even those of us covering the team, it never really felt like the Pats were a REAL NFL franchise like the other teams.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes, you do. That is why you are still whining about it. You know your team's legacy has been tainted and even the overturning of Brady's suspension didn't change that.

You also know your owner, once among the most respected in the league, proved himself to be a lying hypocrite during the Deflategate fiasco. He supported the commissioner until it was his team under the microscope. He was happy when the commissioner did irrational crap, such as destroying the Spygate evidence for no good reason, until the irrational crap no longer favored his team. He promised to abide by the league's ruling, then changed his tune because he didn't like the ruling.

Other owners have handled such situations with class, or at least enough sense to keep from taking a big bite out of the golden goose's ass. Kraft lacked the integrity to do so. The price is that you will have to put up with those questions and accusations forever. Your boys earned the distrust. Deal with it.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

And you can deal with this ...
    [​IMG]

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not the one whining. You are. Patriots fans have been crying about this stuff incessantly. You keep bringing up the rings as if that somehow erases the cheating accusations. It does not. You keep claiming you don't care, yet you keep bringing it up. Me thinks the Patriots fanboy dost protest too much.

I've always been dismissive of the cheating accusations aside from Spygate. I hated hearing current and former Steelers complain about the cheating by the Patriots when the teams faced off in AFC Championship games past. I just thought it was silly.I don't know if they are right or wrong. I certainly suspect there was more to Spygate than the league office revealed, simply because I don't trust Goodell and I thought it was odd the way he destroyed the evidence so quickly. but it doesn't change the results.

That said, you buy into the notion that your team cheated more than I ever have. If you didn't. you wouldn't react this way.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What position you play?

murphyc and Gutter like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted