1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Turkey shoots down Russian plane

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Nov 24, 2015.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Vladdy breaks out the nukes, and it's all over for him. He's crazy, not stupid.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

What's tough guy Putin gonna do?

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Will it be bigger than #Sharknado?

cjericho likes this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Sharknado 3: Oh, hell no!

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

bigpern23 and cjericho like this.
  7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Apologies for interrupting the snark, but as someone who will be posted to Istanbul in six months, this absolutely terrifies me.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Putin will take it out on the Sunni Syrian rebel groups Turkey supports, which are just as awful but less ambitious than ISIS. Turkey's considerable domestic political problems pose more of a threat to anyone in Istanbul than the Russians do. Traffic is 20 times the danger in real risk terms. Whatever the danger, Istanbul is amazing.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

KJIM, be safe. Worry about it six months from now. Continue to live in the present moment and enjoy where you are now.

I was having thoughts today about how today's world compares to the 50s and 60s duck and cover days.

In some ways, I think today is worse. Back then, you had hope that nations would act sanely, and if it hit the fan, you'd be vaporized in an instant. That helped me ignore it.

But terrorism that is random and not run by a nation-state makes every place feel unsafe. Not sure where the world is headed, but it sure looks like it will get way worse before it gets better.

I think the next massive incident will be a cruise ship.

11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I have duck and cover drills every week.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted