1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Carson: Bungling Surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Starman's working on getting this one shut down, too.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Now that everyone has had a good pants-wetting, the question I posed is serious:

If Trump just let 'er fly - "The problem with this country is n####s!" - what impact would it have on his polling numbers?

(I saw an interesting piece on 538.com that theorized that Trump's real support is about 5 percent of voters right now, with the vast, vast majority undecided, since no one is really paying attention yet. I don't know if I buy that, though. He's such a known commodity that I hypothesize that his support is more solid than the usual front-runners at this stage.)

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Fewer people would admit to supporting him. Hard to believe this was a guy who had to hire actors to appear at his campaign launch.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Why do you keep coming back to this hypothetical? Do you really think that's what he's thinking? Or is it just what you're thinking?

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I can only guess it's a guilt kind of thing. Dick and Starman really want to unleash a string of epithets, so their guilt instead keeps forcing them to hypothesize that "all those other guys" are just sure to be thinking those words in their hearts.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

To me there is a difference between Dick wondering what happens if Trump says this -- a lot of us are wondering where the line is with people's support of Trump -- and Starman's fantasy of Trump, Romney, the Koch Brothers and all the Bushes have weekly cocktail parties so they can privately throw around slurs and make Ben Carson wait tables.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Ya' know, I don't care how stupid people think Carson is, he'll never say something as stupid as this:

"Next week, I will be joining President Hollande and world leaders in Paris for the Global Climate Conference. What a powerful rebuke to the terrorists it will be ..."

It's OK, lefties, to admit this guy is simply an idiot.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/24/o...by-attending-global-warming-conference-video/

8. Dick Whitman

Because I think that a significant amount of his support comes from people who would not withdraw that support regardless of what he said about minorities.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Some of them would withdraw their life savings to mail a check to HQ.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  10. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

what if obama used the phrase cousin pookie to describe young black males? Would his numbers fall?

11. Dick Whitman

I guess not.

Moving on:

Trump: "You guys know who is bringing this country down. I know you do. N#####s!"

Do his poll numbers change?

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Is he going to say "the problem with this country" or "you guys know who is bringing this country down"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.