1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 MLB Postseason thread, aka: Will Mark Buehrle make an appearance?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Lots of parallels between the 2010 and 2015 Rangers. In both ALDSs the road team won every game. Hamels is their Cliff Lee this time.

And Derek Holland continues to be a mental midget and immature goofball. The ill wind was howling the minute he toed the rubber.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

How the hell does Wood pitch to Cespedes?? Game is still w/in reach and there's no one even warming up? Jeez I loved Donny B as a Yankee and even more as Dodger M....

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Loving seeing Dusty Baker and Pedro on the pregame set. Those guys know baseball and explain things quite well for lay viewers.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

A few observations in a bizarre and wild 24 hours.......

Something about the Royals and being down 4 runs in the 8th inning of an elimination game.....
    I would love to be in any of the bars in and around Wrigley Field for the 4-5 hours leading up to first pitch.......
    Someone will need to explain why Toronto wasted David Price yesterday.........
    If I'm Mattingly, I sacrifice Utley to the Gods.......let him get whacked and get it the hell over with.........

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I would rather gouge both eyes out with a rusty fork and then have Everclear poured into the gaping wounds left behind.

Fifty thousand frat bro idiot douche bags who couldn't distinguish Kris Bryant from Ronnie Woo Woo if you spotted them their races.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Wow.
    I bow in your general direction.
    Still.......

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

My wife and I refer to the influx of ignorant/sloshed fans come playoff time (or clinching time) as "amateur hour." The Wrigley/Cubs experience (I've done it once) strikes me as perpetual amateur hour.

8. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

FTFY :)

Last time the Cubbies were in the playoffs, Mrs. Fly and I were in Chicago on the Saturday night they were swept by the Dodgers in '07. We had gotten to Piece (brewpub/pizza joint) late in the game and all the TVs were on with the locals bemoaning every pitch. It was GLORIOUS!!!

Oh, and when the game was done, the entertainment started - live band karaoke. It, too, was glorious!

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You got into Piece at that time of the evening? Wow. You must know someone.

10. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

While we do know "people" in the brewing world, it was pure luck getting in. There was a table open right in front of the stage. We found out about 30 minutes after why (see glorious #2 above).

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Thought you loved frat bros?

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Just like New Year's Eve and St Patty's day for drinkers.

Draft saved Draft deleted