1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Cambodia (Second Chance)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The more I think about it: I'm rooting for Tasha and Stephen.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Tasha was very good in her season and was unlucky enough to be on the Brains tribe that lost every challenge. I could root for her if she starts playing (we haven't seen much of her yet). Fishbach is annoying. I can't support that guy.

I'm rooting for Jeremy, mostly because I went to school with him (I didn't know him, though our paths crossed), but I think he's a good player, too. I also like Spencer and Joe (though, the edit Joe is getting has begun to get irritating. We get it, he's good looking).

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I like Spencer and Jeremy, but it bugs me when contestants get weepy.
    Stephen hasn't been featured much, but I liked him in his original season. Seems like a very sharp guy.
    And Tasha seemed very sharp in her season. Even after all that losing, thye could have run that end game if Kass didn't flip.

4. bigpern23

I expected Spencer to start laughing and say, "Nah, really, I don't care, I need to get that girl out of here and save my own ass." His crying seemed so phony.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

He was getting choked up at tribal, and before that he was crying in his confessional. Talking about how hard the circumstances were during his first show and that he'd hoped this time would be different.

It just annoys the crap out of me. It's a game show. You volunteered to leave your pregnant wife; you volunteered to compete in a game for which the outcomes can be capricious and fickle.

There should be no crying in Survivor.

6. bigpern23

I didn't think he was weepy during Tribal. Just trying to be passionate, sincere and, most importantly, convincing to his tribunates. Anything goes at TC when your neck is on the block.

I get what you're saying about Jeremy, but think of it like this: You're a firefighter with a chance to make $1 million in a little more than a month. You're wife is early in her pregnancy and you think, "I can give my family a tremendous financial boost by missing a little more than 1/9 of my wife's pregnancy." But then you get out there and someone is talking about their wife and you start thinking about what you're missing. It's not hard to understand why someone might second guess themselves on the decision to leave the pregnant wife, or to at least get emotional about it.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Great line in Dalton Ross' recap of ew.com

Woo looks like that dog that keeps waiting at the train station for his dead owner to come back from work in some weepy Richard Gere movie — a mixture of confusion and mild depression. I want to reach out, scratch his head, tell him he’s a good boy, and hook him up with a Milk-Bone or something.

8. bigpern23

I think this is the first time in his two seasons that Woo actually tried to influence the direction of his tribe and "make a move," so to speak. And it wound up getting his alliance partner booted. Haha.

However, all is not lost. If he plays it right, he can be the swing vote between Tasha and Savage vs. Varner and Abi.

9. bigpern23

Another thought about the episode: A better player than Peih-Gee would have survived that Tribal Council. When Varner pointed out that Savage and Tasha were suddenly in the position of power, she should have immediately said, "We need to take that power away from them. I'm voting for Tasha (or Savage) and re-establishing our majority. Even if we don't trust each other, we can't just hand over power of the tribe to these two."

Make it point blank, and make them realize that they're being stupid to give up the majority.

Frankly, I don't get why fans voted for Peih-Gee to return. I didn't see her original season, but watching her these three episodes, she didn't seem particularly likable and she didn't seem like a great strategist. What was her appeal to bring her back?

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

She was non-factor in her first seasons, too.

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Chaos Kass? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What a true dipshit that woman is.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The problem some players are having this season is there aren't any psychos or clowns. It's also what I like so much about this season.

Draft saved Draft deleted