1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 MLB Postseason thread, aka: Will Mark Buehrle make an appearance?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Well, that was fucking appropriate.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't know. Lumping in the wild-card games with other series seems inappropriate to me.

Or were you talking about something else?

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If she's anything like mine -- and yours, too, I'd wager -- she wishes he'd spend less time arguing about silly shit on some stupid website.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You might hate the Cardinals more than anyone here hates anything.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

LTL is so desperate for a pissing match that he's letting bigpern's point sail right over his head.

But hey, at least he finally did some actual research on this subject rather than just throwing shit at the wall.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You're assuming somebody would marry LTL.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Appropo of nothing, I love that teams that have gone back to old-school looks (The Blue Jays and Astros, and to a smaller extent the Mets by dropping the dumb black uniforms) are winning. Now if only they could convince the Brewers and Padres to go back to their full-time 80s duds.

8. LongTimeListener

Good to see Donnie Baseball continuing to take the "God Almighty I don't want to go to my bullpen" philosophy.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Why did Mattingly start Kershaw over Grenkie in Game 1? He was clearly better than Kershaw this season Feel like Dodgers would have more options if Grenkie went tonight instead of tomorrow and you get a win under your belt before you send out the guy with a bad postseason record. And by more options I mean, you can throw Grenkie either in Game 4 on short rest if you are avoiding elimination or in Game 5 to close things out.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Greinke had a slightly better WHIP (because of his miniscule walk rate) and a much better ERA. However, the ERA advantage is largely wiped out by Kershaw having 101 more strikeouts in about 10 more innings.

Kershaw led the league in complete games, shutouts, innings, strikeouts, strikeouts per 9 and FIP (again, because of the Ks).

You can argue that Greinke was better this year, but certainly not "clearly."

11. LongTimeListener

I think the choice was based on Kershaw's ability to come back on three days' rest in Game 4. Greinke hasn't done that. The Game 2/5 starter gets normal rest.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I can be sold on this one. If Grenkie hasn't come back on short rest before, I can see why Mattingly did that.

The thing I wrestle with how Kershaw has done in the postseason. Obviously tonight it's hard to blame Kershaw for the loss. DeGrom was just better. Does Grenkie do any better? I don't know how except he maybe doesn't give up the homer. No offense is no offense and a pitcher can't overcome that.

Draft saved Draft deleted