1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor-Warrenton, Mo.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Print an, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Print an

Print an New Member

Below position is ideal for someone with experience looking for a change to a family-owned group that cares about its content and not just the bottom line, or a recent graduate who is versatile and wants to make an immediate mark in the profession.

Position is available now and looking to make a hire quickly.

-------

The Warren County Record, an award-winning family-owned weekly newspaper in Warrenton, Mo., is looking for a sports editor.

The ideal candidate will possess strong writing and photography skills. This job focuses on the coverage of two high schools, along with other sports-related stories and features. Must be able to work nights and weekends. The new hire will assist with other general assignment stories and photos when needed, along with updating the newspaper's website and social media accounts. Applicants should be skilled in InDesign and Photoshop.

This position offers great pay and benefits. The newspaper is located an hour from both St. Louis and Columbia. Send a resume, cover letter, writing and design samples to Managing Editor Tim Schmidt at tschmidt@warrencountyrecord.com.

2. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

I liked the area when I visited in 2002 but I can't imagine the pay would be enough to raise a family

3. Print an

Print an New Member

Pay will range from 26,000 to 35,000 depending on experience

Draft saved Draft deleted