1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 MLB Postseason thread, aka: Will Mark Buehrle make an appearance?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I hate that I don't have a TV in my office today. Don't have a dog in the fight, but I really want to watch how Texas/Toronto eventually ends. ESPN gamecast doesn't have the same feel.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Toronto was a replay away from getting out of that inning unscathed, now Blue Jays have to make up two runs or else risk being swept on Sunday in Arlington.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that's going to be enough for the Royals. The prospect of facing Kuechel for survival was not too promising.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

BTW visitors are 5-1 so far. Road nookie beats home field, I guess.

6. MagoIL

MagoIL Member

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Funny how tiny sample sizes suddenly become valid when certain people really, really want it to be that way.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If the road teams were 1-5, you can bet your sweet bippie that whoever it was pissing about the Buehrle thing would now be crowing.

LTLs point stands ... Home-field's ridiculously overblown, and 2015's home teams haven't provided any evidence against that.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Whitman predicted this no-hitter in the making.

And do you think the dude's wife would've let Yadi deliver the baby instead of Posey?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So after going on and on about valid statistical analysis on this board, you are supporting LTL's use of a tiny statistical sample because.....reasons?

This goes back to a point I made long ago on this board. Knowledge and expertise are useless if the person who has them, or claims to have them, can't be trusted.

I guess you are supporting LTL's use of insults borrowed from fifth graders, too.

bigpern23 likes this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Thinner, Matt Carpenter or Ben Ogilvie?

12. MagoIL

MagoIL Member

A penis size joke! Really? Are you fucking twelve?

Draft saved Draft deleted