1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 5 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I think an interview the week he is about to play his first game in more than a year is called a 'news peg.' Also, it's not the metaphor folks are upset about.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

If any of you assholes are still alive in your survivor pools, I suggest using Atlanta this week, if you haven't already.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm already out. Arizona killed me last week.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

All the Colts need to do for a 9-7 finish is beat the Bucs, Saints, Dolphins and finish sweeping the AFC South. And the Bad Grandpas will get to host a playoff game to boot.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Still alive. I write out all 17 weeks before and tweak when necessary. Have Baltimore this weekend. Atlanta looks tempting... too tempting. I try to keep what I consider the best 8-10 teams in the NFL for the last 10 weeks. Surviving on mediocre teams winning at home to this point.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I assume Baltimore will win, but that's a lot of faith in a team that should be 0-4 and will be without its only legitimate receiving threat.

8. dixiehack

Bishop Sankey muffs the opening kickoff, Buffalo recovers at the 5 ... only to have it wiped out by being offsides.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

KC-Chi over 45
    GB -10
    NE -9
    DE -5.5

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Just switched my ESPN eliminator from Ravens to Giants. Don't screw me, Eli, I'm still unbeaten.

Not a lot that I like on spreads this week in NFL...

Rams +9. Also love the halftime under -23.5. Packers offensive line concerns me a lot.
    Seahawks +3.5 and I like them straight up.
    Patriots-Cowboys OVER 50.5
    Bills PK.
    Raiders +5.5. Waiting for the Peyton Meltdown game. Same as I'm waiting for Michigan State to cover this year...

11. dixiehack

Fox's ticker just showed the Chiefs with a 1-0 lead. Nice rouge.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Two interceptions in the end zone by Bradford.

Draft saved Draft deleted